Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbm_4

Help excluding

Guest jbm_4

I'm looking someone that can excule an area around an airport that I've created using AFCAD. I would really like to get this airport up and running! Please help! I will send the file when requested

Hi,It's not hard to do yourself.Download and install ExcBuilder from right here:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchThere is also a tutorial there, and a tutorial update.Here is how I use it:1. Go into Slew mode (Y)2. Go into Top Down view (Ctrl-S)3. Press the Space Bar to point true north.4. Slew to the upper left of your exclude area. Click the two buttons in the upper left of ExcBuilder5. Slew to the lower right of your exclude area. Click the two buttons in the lower left of ExcBuilder.6. Select to exclude Generic Buildings and Library Objects (for example), or select All Objects to get rid of the autogen trees and buildings. 7. Click the Generate XML button.8. Click the Generate Exclude File button. I give mine names that start with x (xklax_terminal.bgl).Move the resulting .bgl file from your ExcBuilder folder to your scenery's "scenery" folder, or to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, or any other active scenery folder.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest MikeMiraglia

Using the exclude switch and flattening switch is reletively easy. If the above post does not sway you to do it on your own, than I would be happy to help. I can also send you the documentation I have explaining exluding and flattening.-Mike

Guest MikeMiraglia

Sorry, but I am having problems with my inbox here. You can contact me at mmiraglia@fastmail.fm-Mike

Guest jbm_4

Thanks Tom, really appriciate that!My second problem is with the GPS. to see the airport on it I need to have it set at 10 Nmiles. How to I increase the visibility on the airport on the GPS?

Guest wji

I use FREE FlattEx which creates strings for the FS9 scenery.cfg file.E.G.,Exclude=N49 59.58,W126 51.16,N49 59.22,W126 51.02,allFlatten.0=50,N49 59.48,W126 51.20,N49 59.48,W126 51.02,N49 59.15,W126 51.02,N49 59.15,W126 51.20I cannot get ExcBuilder v.2 to run on my XP machine.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176404.jpgThanks for any sugggestions why this may not be working for me.I downloaded and pasted MSSTDFMT.DLL to my Windows/System folder.

BillTry moving it into WINDOWSsystem32. I don't have ExcBuilder installed, but I do have msstdfmt.dll and it's in system32.Jim

Guest wji

Thanks for the tip, Jim, but no joy.

Guest wji

Thanks, Tom . . . you're a genius.Thanks to Jim as well as I just left the file in win/system32 then . . .Start/Run/Enter command string: regsvr32 msstdfmt.dllViola! ExcBuilder now runs.Thanks for Cal Classics too :-)