Sign in to follow this  
Guest KrisYYZ

Modified Airports and BGL files in AFCAD.

Guest KrisYYZ

Hello,I am experiencing some problems with AFCAD 2.21. The modified afcad files from my addon folder are not appearing in AFCAD unless I specifically open the .bgl file associated with the addon scenery. AFCAD only seems to be looking in the default scenery folder of FS9 when searching for airports and is ignoring all the other .bgl files. What file does AFCAD use to collect its .bgl files from? I have the addon scenery folder at a higher level in the scenery library than the default world folder, is that a problem?Does having numerous traffic BGL files confuse AFCAD at all? I have over 30 traffic files in my FS folder.Could some please help me or direct me towards some information on this topic.Much Appreciated,KrisYYZ

Hi,I assume there is something in your scenery.cfg file that might be confusing AFCAD? Perhaps try running a scenery.cfg checker program to see if it has any problems? Be sure to back up first!!--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest KrisYYZ

Any suggestions as to which program I should use to check my scenery.cfg file? KrisYYZ

Guest martin842

My addon sceneries are on a different hard drive from FS9, yet AFCAD still finds them. It must use the SCENERY.CFG file to do this, so (as Tom said) check to see it is all in order.Martin

Flightsim manager has some scenery diagnostic features. I ran it once and it didn't like the fact that my [Area.XXX] numbers didn't match up with the layer= numbers. I didn't think it mattered, but I clicked the button to "fix errors", and it made a backup copy of the scenery.cfg and then fixed it. I can't see where it made any difference in the way anything loaded, but maybe it could fix your problem with Afcad. If you don't have FSM it's in the library:FSM was programmed to stop working on 12/1/06, which was apparently intended to force users to install a newer version of the software at that time. The author however has dissapeared from the FS scene and that newer version never actually materialized. The workaround is to adjust your computer's clock to a date before 12/1/06 before you start the program. There's another file in the library that does this for you, starts FSM, and then re-sets your clock:[link:library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=95745&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root]Start FlightSim Manager][/bNo clue whether FSM will be able to help with your Afcad problem, but it may be worth a try.Jim

Hi,I keep all AFCADs for a specific scenery product/download in that separate scenery folder. That way when I turn off the scenery's layer, the AFCAD is inactivated too.I keep all the rest of my AFCAD files (that came by themselves) in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest KrisYYZ

Thanks! I'll keep them in their original spots...KrisYYZ