Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

Carenado's Cessna 206

I asked them the same question when I bought the product (when the combo package came out). They said they would look into it. I tried to follow up a couple of months after that, but all my emails were ignored/received no response.It's a C++ gauge, not editable by end user, so all you can do is make your own and replace theirs.I don't dislike them though. Other than that the 206 is a great product.Hope that helps.

Guest weeniemcween

Top notch except for this :)http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1494They also don't allow simple interior mods like changing the color of the leather to be shared, even though so many people do them on their own. I for one can't stand the lipstick red of the stationair so I made it black to start. Dark blue looks really good too with Paul Grenier's "Rust Flying Service" repaint.I do love the red of their Cherokee 180F, however.

I agree this copyright thing is taken a little too far in some circumstances with end users, especially with paint and colors.I presume this is preventing you from uploading your interiors to the library.Copyright protection is mainly meant to control who receives the economic gain from a work product. We in the flight sim community, as end users, have rights too. We should be able to satisfy our personal preferences and FIX components from non responsive copyright owners. After all, the copyright products that we purchase have to function correctly when sold."ztimbre" complained directly to the company about an incorrectly functioning gauge with no response. Why can't a free fix be posted for those customers who want to fix the problem and who paid for a correctly functioning product in the first place ?When the 206 came out the VC gauge back lights wouldn't work unless either the landing or taxi lights were on. That bugged me, to be in route having to have one of those lights on to see the VC gauges at night. Someone on the forum fixed it and sent it to me and I was happy. The same kind of problem exist with the freeware TBM 700. The VC gauge back light problem has been fixed but apparently can't be shared even though the product is freeware.Before I retired I was an airframe and power plant mechanic and could fix problems on airplanes without having to go back to the manufacture who owned the STC to get permission to fix it.What the flight sim community needs are some good flight sim mechanics that can share their work (free) without the threat of repercussions from a publisher.

"What the flight sim community needs are some good flight sim mechanics that can share their work (free) without the threat of repercussions from a publisher."On a positive note, some years ago Lago released an Ultralight package for FS2002. I realized the flight dynamics could use some mods and edited Lago's, then emailed them to their team. They were so appreciative they praised the effort publicly in their forums, included the update with their package, and offered me one of their titles (which I declined, as I felt proud of my small bit of help and I offered it with no strings attached).Carenado may be shy about their interiors circulating because of the quality, which I think is outstanding. It doesn't take much effort for someone to adapt a bitmap to another visual model, and given the quality Carenado puts into their interiors they might not want them easily accessible to development community. Copyright challenges are tough--some go to great extremes and others are open (sometimes at risk to themselves) to any help our community can provide. I am just glad there are so many great products to choose from.Regards,John