Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

EZ Scenery vs. Instant Scenery - Looking for advice

Greetings. I have been finally been bitten by the scenery creation bug after all these years of simming. I took the plunge a few weeks ago and finally downloaded the RWY12 program. My first project was to create the US Forrest Service Helipad (K4ML) that is located in the Catalina Mountains outside of Tuscon, AZ in Mt. Lemmon. Using Afcad and RWY 12 and some photo scenery to line everything up, I made a nice little recreation of it. Now I want to create all the helipads in Tucson and other cities using the data from a website I saw a while back that list all helipads across the country being either hospital, police, or other helipads. The thing is, I can't stand having to place objects and then close and reopen FS to check the positions of the objects and to see them. Plus RWY12 has a limited number of objects. I saw the two products mentioned above and was wondering if anyone has used one or both of these products, and which one may be better. I love the fact that you can see the objects being placed without having to close and reopen the sim. Also Instant Scenery looks like it has a pretty big library. I am a little put off by Abacus product judging from what I have read about there products in the past. I appreciate any comments you can provide.Thanks,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ThrottleUp

I have had IS for about 8 weeks now and am pretty happy with it. Its great to see the objects you are messing about with right there in the sim. Its easy to use as you just go into slew mode and shunt around placing your object. Its nice and simple and it works. My only small gripe is the interface that is a bit clunky to use sometimes and for some reason my thumbnail previews of the objects dont appear but I dont hear others having this problem so i guess I must have messed something up :(

Thanks for the input Rob and Nevin. Well I guess Instant Scenery will be my Friday download. The RWY12 program works fine but I need to be able to see my objects as I place them. Restarting FS9 constantly to see the work in progress really whips me. I think from what I read, Instant Scenery also uses the objects in FS9 as well as ones they made, so I should have a pretty good variety of buildings to use for my projects. Thanks again.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Instant Scenery does everything EZ-Scenery does, plus a few things it doesn't. Flight1 also provides much better support than Abacus.Instant Scenery does not come with any libraries, other than the default objects already in FS. That hardly matters since you can download scads of scenery objects right here at Avsim. Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Hello,I have ez scenery but, I am thinking about purchasing instant scenery . Can instant scenery use or place addon objects that are from say fly tampa objects that you already have on your system? The reason I ask ,is this I can view the objects with ez scenery but when I try to place them a error message reads objects are only allowed or placed in a specific location/city.Does anybody know away around this?

Hi Guys one newbie queston, How can I import obejct library into IS?? I have few ez library and bgl.s how can i use them with IS , ive tried but its sais not compatible bgls.thanks

Hi Guys one newbie queston, How can I import obejct library into IS?? I have few ez library and bgl.s how can i use them with IS , ive tried but its sais not compatible bgls.thanks
You do not have to "import" anything - IS will find and display available bgls which are library bgls.Rememeber there is a difference between a bgl which contains library objects (which can be selected) and a bgl which places selected objects at specified coordinates (your output).IS can see and use all of the default objects, all of the RWY12 library objects and all of the EZ style library objects.Hope that helps.

You do not have to "import" anything - IS will find and display available bgls which are library bgls.Rememeber there is a difference between a bgl which contains library objects (which can be selected) and a bgl which places selected objects at specified coordinates (your output).IS can see and use all of the default objects, all of the RWY12 library objects and all of the EZ style library objects.Hope that helps.
Thanks for your quick reply, i have Ez library with lot of stuff in it I

Thanks for your quick reply, i have Ez library with lot of stuff in it I