Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Thanks AVSIM, sorry Computer Pilot Magazine

Guest over and out

Hey I like Computer Pilot Magazine (CPM), don't get me wrong. But since I'm not upgrading to FSX I find that CPM is becoming less relevant for me personally. They still do FS9 articles, but these are waning for the increasing FSX stuff. This is just the way it goes. It happened over time with FS2002 when 2004 showed up. So for now, I'll let that subscription retire. And the great thing is that we have AVSIM! It is much more relevant and in real time. Why wait a month for a magazine that is only partially dedicated to FS9 when I can get great info and tons of it on AVSIM?Thanks AVSIM!!!!As I said, don't get me wrong, I like CPM, it's just not worth it right now for me as a FS9'er.:)

Well I currently have a subscription as part of a deal for buying something from them.I do like it but noticed it more on the FSX side of things, the masses are headed that way.I just upgraded and still find I'm using FS9 almost exclusivly.

Guest MikeMiraglia

AVSIM will always be the cat's meow. There is no daily time limit for being logged in, the file library is excellent, and the forums are second to none. I am always happy with the download speeds, there is always someone here to answer my questions, and all flight simulators are welcomed here. My hats off to the excellent crew that keeps this site running.

I found post this rather interesting, as I too made the same decision regarding Computer Pilot, and for the exact same reasons, about a month ago. I really enjoyed the Mag but of late, I have found little of interest now that it has moved to FSX. It's not their fault, but I haven't made the move to FSX, and don't plan to at this stage. I'm also a long time subscriber to PC Pilot, and decided to continue with it as my only Flight Sim mag now. Thanks to Avsim though for maintaining the interest with FS2004.

Warren

Guest over and out

I like PC Pilot also,I used to subscribe but it's a little too expensive for me for what you get: $52.74 for USA for 6 issues.So I switched to CPM, but as noted above I'll get my info from AVSIM for now on.

Guest JTEK99

Well, I won't be getting rid of it soon. Going on three years and loving it.I agree there a more FSX products being reviewed (ummmm.. hey, they're new) and more articles about navigation, vfr flying in such-and-such a location are including FSX screenies. But heck... at least 70% of the articles in the magazine pertain to ANY flightsimmer using ANY of the last 3 or 4 versions of MSFS.There's always an article or two every issue about an interesting approach, or an historical flight, or Al Pelletier's excellent Round Robins which has taken me to places I never considered flying to.There's still a lot there for me and I don't mind the FSX screenshots. Most of the time, they're irrelevant.

Guest ThrottleUp

Never liked any of them and I agree with others who say that forums like Avsim rule :)Oddly enough the best flight-sim and flightsim-related reviews are to be found in the real-world aviation magazines. For example Aircraft Illustrated.

hmmm, didnt know of it, and looked at http://www.computerpilot.com/content.php?pid=5 and the picture shows SATCO... well, thats really OLD.Is the magazine good or?And I believe there is another one, UK based.. anyone know the link?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Guest Adrian Wainer

I used to buy PC Pilot at the newstand but I haven't bought a copy for quite a while, my reasoning being that the magazine started to give much less attention to freeware add-ons, which was what I used to buy it for, since freeware developers lack the advertiseing and distribution of the payware folks and for that reason a brillant freeware add-on might miss my attention and the magazine was a good extra way of finding freeware.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer