Sign in to follow this  
Guest DesiDude2007

WoAI installed ... but still very sparse AI traffic.

Guest DesiDude2007

Hi all,Spent quite some time installing all the World of AI aircrafts. I have set my AI traffic density all the way to 100% in the fs9 settings. However, at JFK or Heathrow or any other major airport, I still get only 7 or 8 (if I am lucky, maybe 10 or 11) AI aircraft (I counted them using the top down view of the airport). Seems rather sparse. I was expecting to see at least 50-60+ aircraft parked in such airports like in real life. Anything I am doing wrong? Or do I just wait for a while till some AI aircrafts land and populate the airport? Do I need to also install some other AI package (like Project AI or something?) to get the desired effects?

I think it may be Afcad related. Afcads provide parking spaces at airports, there will be only as many aircraft as there are parking spots available.Those airports, are they the stock airports or addon scenery? Do you have any third party afcads installed? Stock afcads only have a handful of spots and are not suited for 100% AI traffic.Try these packages for a quick fix:http://www.projectai.com/forums/index.php?...ds&showfile=671http://www.projectai.com/forums/index.php?...ds&showfile=673For certain airports you visit often, you can always download a more detailed one, just have a look in the Avsim Library. Don't use more than one Afcad for an airport though. To make sure you don't have any duplicates, try ScanAFD: http://www.nwlink.com/~erog. Go for the beta version under *** Update ***.

Mike...

Guest PARADISE

You may want to consider a payware AI traffic add-on like Ultimate Traffic. I read somewhere that even if you install all the possible freeware AI airline packages available that you will still only have about 30% of what payware has to offer. You can always convert the payware AI to the freeware models (they usually look better and are better on FPS), but be warned, it takes time and is very addictive.

Yep, you gotta have ample parking for all those planes - update your afcads.EDIT: And don't forget to add the great freeware GA packages from Ultimate GA - after which you'll have more than enough traffic!Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

Guest DesiDude2007

Thanks for all the responses. I will look into this AFCAD thingy (not familiar with it yet or how it works, but I'll investigate). Everything I have is default or freeware so far. I will also look into the ultimate GA. Thanks again.

Guest Shawn67

So...what's the deal with UGA these days...are they making anything new ever or not??? I haven't seen anything new out of them for a year.....

DesiDude, have you renamed your default traffic bgl? I was running all the world of AI packages and the default traffic too for a while. My slider was behaving weird, 1% was the same as 100% it was basically an on/off switch. Goto your Fs9 directory find your scenery folder , world, scenery. there you will find all of your WOAI traffic bgl's. Above these will be traffic030528.bgl . Right click this and rename it to traffic030528.old . It will make some difference if you have not done this. Also get Ultimate Traffic, what I have done is to run UT and follow every step except compiling a traffic file. This means I have all of the AFCADs but without the models or plans which imo are awful. this means WOAI traffic will use all of the available traffic spots and your world will be populated. I find that all of the WOAI packages are enough for me because I've a rubbish system.George