Sign in to follow this  

New Freeware FS Magazine

I am thinking of putting together a professionally presented, full featured colour monthly FS

I am happy to eat the cake but not in baking it !!!!! :-)Shri

And I am more than happy to make that cake for you, sir! However out of 71 views I have only recieved your post and 1 email (from a very nice chap!)I shall not draw conclusions at such an early stage, but if you view this and you want to see such a magazine by users for users you should express some form of interest otherwise the work involved on my and others side would hardly be worth it.People - you have a voice, let yourselves be heard. ;)AndrewPS - This would bring the expertise and viewpoints of this forum out into the wider community. Would this not be to the benifit of us all?But hey - its your call.

Guest danowat

Hi Andrew,I think it would be a good idea, although I can see that it would take a lot of time to compile all of this information, also the scene is changing on a very fast basis so you run the risk of having an outdated publication before it has been realesed, having said that pcpilot and computer pilot seem to be doing quite well, but this may have something to do with the "on the toilet/in the bath" appeal of a paper magazine.I for one would definatly download it just because it seems I can't get enough info.Just my two pence worthDan.

Dan,Thanks for the feedback. Had a few emails come in expressing interest whish is good. Could I please ask though, if people are interested to post an interest here instead of emailing me directly -that is unless you want to become involved.Many thanks,Andrew

Just a quick update."FS Sky News" has a new member.Christian Hogstad is now our sub-editor :-beerchugWelcome on board, Christian!! Regards,Andrew Tingle(New FS Sky News banner soon ready)

Hi Andrew,couldn't pass this one without adding some remarks.I always encourage people to do these sort of things. Any and all information on the hobby is worthwhile and adding to the enjoyment of it.Having said that, and playing the devils advocate here, publishing a monthly magazine is a problem in this fast changing world of on-line communications. And I was just wondering how you mean to reach the people that do NOT frequent forums (and hence, I presume the internet) with an on-line magazine? Would it be so different from AVSIM, simFlight and the other major news and FS information sites that it would warrant the 3 weeks 'delay' in news AND be better than superb publications as Computer Pilot ? That means putting the bar pretty high !Getting (good !) people to join is also a major hurdle to be taken. I do wish you luck though and hope you'll get some more positive reactions. :-)Francois A. DumasManaging EditorThe simFlight Network :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose4.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2][/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hi Francois,Thanks for the best wishes.The idea is to release the first issue as a downloadable pdf file and then take stock of the response before proceeding further.I think it is wise to take one careful step at a time ;)Both Christian and myself will do our upmost to ensure that it is produced to the highest standards, and to the best of our combined abilities.I am cautiously optimistic - but I am also a realist and only time will tell how the venture develops.But, at the end of the day, it will be free and people can pick it up if they want it or not - this is entirely their choice of course.We wish to give something back - and obviously hope that people see this as our intention as it will take some serious work on our behalf (we understand that).Hey, even if they print it out just to read in the little boys room its a start - and from acorns mighty oaks (may perhaps) grow :-lolSincere regards and thanks for your interest.Andrew TingleFS Sky NewsEditor(Banner soon)