Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dantes_InFresno

FS9 Base Install

Guest Dantes_InFresno

A buddy of mine recently bought FS2004 (my recommendation to the cheapest way of trying out the hobby). We got talking about some of the 'mandatory' freeware installs I felt improved the experience which in turn got me wondering what everyone else might recommend to someone starting out.Now when I say Base Install I'm not talking acft or airports, but freeware support files that you would deem a must if you were to do a fresh install.Here's my list (all available from the best source....AVSIM)Gerrish's Trees Library for FS2000/2 - Release 3 (Updated Version)FS2000 NOVA Custom TexturesFS2000/CFS2 NOVA Textures Release 3FS2000/CFS2 NOVA Gold TexturesAirport v2.60 Build 163 Full InstallVisual Object Designer v3.0 TexturesASD 2.1 TexturesFS2004 Rwy12 Object Placer Program & LibrariesAfcad v2.21FS2002/FS2004 TrafficToolsFS2004 EditVoicepack 3.1FS2004 Wood And Desert TexturesTreeGen v1.0Airport Environment Upgrade 7How about yours?Dantes

Guest martin842

Good water textures make a big difference. There are lots of replacement packages for water in the library. For example, pwover15.zip.The freeware Real Environment Pro has lots of stuff in it, and is well regarded.If your friend gets bitten, he should just buy FE and GE.Martin

Guess it depends on where you live and fly, but for me mesh is mandatory.Jim

Guest kingairvols

Martin,You mentioned FE and GE.The it read to me made me think these two would be amust have.The problem, and I am embaressed to ask is that I am unsure of these two programs, the version to look for and most important to me at least is where to go on the net (a link is great if cool) to find this. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest martin842

Both FE and GE are published by Flight1. For GE, see:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?search...d%20EnvironmentThe "Professional" version is supposed to be the best, but it is also quite expensive. The basic version is the one that I have, and I think it is good enough. Other retailers sell the basic CD version, so you don

Dantes,Below is a list of my personal "Must Have Files" ... these are just to get started and do not include any of the outstanding freeware Airport scenerys that are available...... These files will give a whole new look to FS9............. Most can be found by searching the authors name.......1. Koorbygen Lite - Outstanding Autogen Enhancement a Must Have2. Nova Textures 1 2 and 33 Nova Gold Textures4. Rock and Moutain Textures - by G. Bishop 5. Woods and Desert Texure Replacement - by Marcel Aerni6. Soft Horizons - by John Cillis7. Ultimate Night Environment - by Maurice Renick8. FsGNight FS2002 Version - by the FSW Group9. Airport Environment Upgrades - by Chris Arrington10. USA Landclass - by FSGenesis11 TreeGen V1.0 by Feng Zhu12. Trees Release 3 - by Gerrish Grey13. New Halo bmp - by Brian Neitzel14. Waterzone - By Pete Drazzof , Lynn and Bill Lyons15. Runway Textures - From Bill Lyons Texture Files16. Any Terrain Mesh Scenery that is in an area you fly in.JayDubAMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm Winchester CoreAbit AV8 - 3rd Eye VIA K8T800ATi X850XT 256MB AGP with ATi 7.20 DriversAntec 400W ATX 12V Power SupplyThermaltake A1172 CPU Heatsink1GB Corsair DDR PC3200 400MHZWindows XP Home Edition SP2