Sign in to follow this  
calypso

AFG's superb King Air 300 is out!

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea I got it last night, its really really good! The sounds are class! It compliments my Aeroworx B200 very well I have to say! Now to glass out the panel a bit. *Starts FS Panel Studio* hee hee.:)PS- thats a nice shot of the panel @ night!

Guest wji

Thanks for the headsup and the neat screenshots, John. It's one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

Looks amazing - and free!!!! These guys deserve a big 'thank you'!!And to think, soon they'll be following with a Caravelle. What a bunch of heros!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

It does look fantastic. I believe it belongs to the rare breed of top notch freeware addon aircraft. However it's rather unfortunate it can only be the second best Kingair offering for FS. iFly 747 has the same issue. They would otherwise have a much larger group of users. Nevertheless, it's free. So for one who likes kingairs but not enough to spend $30, the deal doesn't get better than this.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

It sure looks good, however were the Aeroworx looks good and replicated her systems very well, how does this great freeware offering compare to her payware sister? Or is it only eyecandy/dummy switches?Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Fantastic as the B300 is to look at, the Aeroworx B200 is a far deeper turboprop simulation. Not surprising mind you, one could not reasonably expect any group to dig that deep for free.One thing for the 300, the engine soundset is really good, and there are sound changes with prop pitch, which I think the B200 sound set does not have. Currently I'm combining the best elements of both. edit - Top marks also for the B300 night vc lighting - very nicely done :)regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest made2000

Looks great gonna try it out tonight.

Guest MikeMiraglia

The folks at AFG are also working on finishing up the Caravelle. If there B300 is any indication, I'm sure it will be a nice piece of work.

Guest made2000

>The folks at AFG are also working on finishing up the>Caravelle. If there B300 is any indication, I'm sure it will>be a nice piece of work.I will agree totaly

What would the realistically shortest airstrip that a real life pilot would put one of these into - I know a lot depends on pressure altitude.Barry

Guest fuel_dump

Really great plane, big thanks to the authors.I could see this plane turning me into a "VC junkie" though, sigh.

Both the King Air B-300 and the TBM have their props go into feather on shut down. This is the way it is supposed to be because of the loss of engine oil pressure.Is there a cfg entry somewhere to do this because I want my other PT-6s to do the same thing.thanks

Although I downloaded this plane and took a look at her in the sim, I haven't been able to fly it since I haven't set up my sim since my move.One possible problem I noticed is that in the trottle quadrant window I was unable to get the fuel cut-off levers to move with the mouse. The trottle and prop levers respond without a problem.Is this unique to me or have others noticed this? Maybe I need to make an assignment in FSUIPC or in FS9?Jim

Works fine for me - using a MS Sidewinder Joystick.But that is in the VC - apparently it is meant to be flown from the VC and some 2D gauges dont work. Perhaps that is what you have found in the "throtle quadrant window" Barry