Sign in to follow this  
calypso

AFG's superb King Air 300 is out!

The aircraft looks great :). I wonder if they'll stretch the fuselage and make a 350 one day? :DThank you, AFG :)

Hi Barry,Thanks for the reply but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm in the 2D view with the throttle window open. I can use the keyboard control to get the fuel cut-off action to shut down the engines, but not the mouse. Now I notice that I am unable to turn off the battery and generator switches. They just pop back up to the "on" position even with the engines not running. Didn't try it with the keyboard though. But I thought the author mentioned that all switches were operable. Maybe I'm wrong on that one and he has them controlled only with the keyboard. Have to write him about that.If you have any observatons regarding the switches, please let me know.JimSan Jose, Calif.USA

From the AFG B-300 FAQsQ: I can't use the battery and generator master switches on the 2D-panel included with the plane. They immediately resume their old position when clikced. How do I use them? A: Please use the master switches from the virtual cockpit, not from the 2D panel. The switches in the VC override the default switches used on the 2D panel. We reprogrammed these switches for the VC in order to implement the guard cover above them. Eventually we hope to have a fully customized 2D panel which will solve this issue. Q: I can't turn the master switches on in the virtual cockpit. What do I have to do? A: The master switches are located under small guard cover. Please check that it has been lifted. If it is on the down position, the master switches are all off and can't be used. If this is the case, click on the cover to lift it up first.

Guest wji

Hi Barry, this post was lost in the shuffle :-)Beech King Air B200 (2003) performance and specificationsEngine: P&WC PT6A-42 Gross Weight: 12,500 lb.Takeoff ground roll: Over 50 ft obstacle: 2,579 ft. Landing ground roll: Over 50 ft obstacle: 2,845 ft.Reference cited: Pilotfriend.com/aircraftLike yourself, I'm amazed (stunned) by these numbers but the King Air is quite a lot of airplane -- as indicted by these numbers.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176683.jpg

G'day BillYes - it needs quite a lot of room to land/takeoff - not a STOL a/c by any means. It is very easy to find yourself too high and too fast on approach. I asked about the real life figures - bcause i am sure we do things in the Sim that we would not do in RL!! :-)Barry