Sign in to follow this  
cujo

Interior lights

Can anybody explain why,on some models (e.g. rick pipers HS748), the interior night lights only operate with the landing light switch i.e. when the landing lights are turned off the interior lights go off as well. Is there any way round this?BTW The HS748 is a superb freeware plane & 73 liveries!

If the model hasn't got actual windows cut into it (and I don't know the plane you're referring to), then the 'windows' are simulated by the repaint - you can check by opening the fuselage texture in DXTBmp (or similar) and looking. If this is the case, the night-time window illumination is supplied by a night texture which is switched with the landing lights as standard in FS. As such, I'm not sure that there's much you can do.;)

>If the model hasn't got actual windows cut into it (and I>don't know the plane you're referring to), then the 'windows'>are simulated by the repaint - you can check by opening the>fuselage texture in DXTBmp (or similar) and looking. If this>is the case, the night-time window illumination is supplied by>a night texture which is switched with the landing lights as>standard in FS. As such, I'm not sure that there's much you>can do.>>;)if it is about the exterior cabinlightingswitching off with the landinglights : yes,there IS something you can do,asthat is usually the effect of a wrong alpha channelon the night lighting bitmap.just open said bitmap with dxtbmp,and change the alpha channel of the windows to,iirc,pure black,yet leave the landinglight splashes pure white.that should take care of things on the outside.if it is about the insede,it might very well have the same reason,but i have no experience with that one.cheersJP.