Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Sound Stuttering Problem

I'm having a problem with my PMDG 747, 737 and Flight 1 MD80. During flight, there is a very annoying sound stutter. I have isolated the sound as the wind noise.Strange thing is, it's only that sound that stutters. The engines, air con, Radar Contact voices are all fine. If I disable the wind sound in the sound.cfg file, no more problems, but you then get a very quiet flight deck.This isn't a problem in my PSS 777 or the Level D 767, both of which also use wind sounds.I've got the latest drivers installed on my Soundblaster Audigy SE, and am running Windows Vista.Has anyone else experienced this type of problem or would know how to go about fixing it?

Guest TomOOO

You don't way if you have a dedicated sound card or onboard sound,sound stutter is usually not enough CPU time for onboard graphicsand it is the first to suffer. Try the following...[start] -> Run -> DXDIAGUnder the sound tab set the acceleration to basic.

It's a dedicated sound card. Just checked on Wikipedia, and the early Audigy series cards does not support hardware acceleration. Could this be a problem?

Guest RonB49

>It's a dedicated sound card. Just checked on Wikipedia, and>the early Audigy series cards does not support hardware>acceleration. Could this be a problem? Have you done what Tom suggested and reduced the Sound Acceleration in DXDiag? That'll fix it. R-

The card doesn't support hardware acceleration. There is no option for it in DXDiag. I'm thinking this might be my problem, although why it only affects the wind noise and nothing else is a mystery.