Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Take Off problem at some airports...

An occurrence I discovered today at KADW where the aircraft will not become airborne. Really weird. I noticed this once before but forget which airport it was. Tested the same plane (s) at a different airport and it practically takes off by itself with no effort. At KADW, I was trying to take Air Force One for a ride but no matter how much trim or throttle I gave her, the best I could get was the nosegear off the ground. The main gear would not lift off. Tried another plane and same thing but both take off fine at other fields. Anyone notice this before?

Guest PARADISE

The only time I can remember this happening to me was when I added (changed) an aircraft.cfg and/or .air file. Of course this caused aborted takeoffs at ALL airports, not just a select few. I don't know why this would be happening at just a few airports.John M

Guest wwayneross60

Are you sure you weren't over-weight? I've had this happen with some AC.

Guest PARADISE

>Are you sure you weren't over-weight? I've had this happen>with some AC.If you're asking me...No. I downloaded a freeware add-on aircraft (can't remember which one) that had a bad aircraft.cfg file that had crucial errors in the aicraft's dimension section that prevented it from flying. The author realized his mistake, offered the correction and everything worked fine after that.John M

Assuming your problem is exclusive to this scenery, go into spot view and see if your wheels are sinking into the ground or you are not on the runway. In AFCAD check the surface properties and elevations.I guess you are not getting up to the Vr airspeed to lift off. The elevation is not high and with those long runways high temperatures increasing the density altitude should not be a problem.Lastly, make sure you did not save the aircraft parked here in an unclean configuration such as open doors and spoilers extended and did not check those before take-off. (Guess who did that - once :) ).

Well I did check all that. I'm very good about my pre-flight checks. Thing is, the aircraft lifts off just fine at every other airport, even KIAD which is only 20 miles away. Something about KADW. Weird. Only loaded 40,000 lbs of fuel for flight to MUHA so weight certainly not an issue.

Guest PARADISE

Not that this will resolve your problem, but out of curiousity..what airspeed are you showing at KADW vs the other airports during your takeoff rolls? Are you getting to your V speeds OK? Sounds like your not coming up to speed for whatever reason.John M

My only guess is you are picking shorter runways at the airports you are having trouble taking off from

my airspeed is good nearly 160 IAS but one thing I did notice. If I don't load the FSNavigator flight plan, the plane takes off fine if I just use a general departure procedure. When I load the flightplan and try to use that procedure, the plane will not lift off. Autopilot is not on and I see nothing wrong with the flightplan. This has become really weird.

Guest wwayneross60

Hmm, that's interesting, something to do with FSNav. Sounds like the "Fly FMS" switch gets flipped, but typically that will also turn on your AP, so it sounds like something got corrupted with FSNAV and your gauges. If you create a new flightplan do you get the same results?