Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gander

Flying to Lhasa, Tibet or Waiheke Island, N.Z.?

Guest Gander

By googeling I learn that the airport for Lhasa is Gonggar (IATA symbol LXA, ICAO symbol ZULS) and it's noted for high elevation and long runway. http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides...asa/airport.htmBut on FS2004 I can't find it searching under "China" and "Lhasa" or "Gonggar," or by using the codes LXA or ZULS.Any suggestions about how to bring up this airport, or is it simply not do-able?Same question for finding the Waiheke Island, N.Z. airstrip (NZKE) which looks like fun.http://www.biggles.net/waiheke.htmlMaybe FS2004 just doesn't include these fields? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi there,there is some freeware scenery available here at avsim that indicates these airports are missing in FS9. I personally have never flown into that region but you might want to give this link a shot http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=91650I couldn't find anything regardin the NZKE airstrip.....and my old brain can't point me in the right direction to the payware that's available for NZ in FS9...or was it even freeware? Maybe someone else can chime in here.Hope this helps (somewhat) ;-)Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,NZKE is not represented in the default FS9. It may appear as a strip (just a darker strip of green) in Christian Stock's (payware) NZTopo, but as I'm using Robin Corn's (payware) Auckland scenery (which covers Waiheke Island as well), it's impossible to tell. Hmmmm. Looks like an interesting and simple AFCAD and scenery project.That takes me back some years (used to go camping at Onetangi every summer back in the early 1970s, as well as sailing the Hauraki Gulf in a 30 footer).

Guest Gander

Many thanks! It looks like the Chinese and Kiwis are just going to miss out on collecting those whopping landing fees for my DC-3, plus their lost sales of electrons to fill the fuel tanks.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,When there's an ooops! in your life. Actially, NZKE does appear (just as a grass strip) in Robin Corn's Auckland scenery, it's just not listed (no AFCAD). As for getting a Dak down on it in 655m ... best of luck (that's one really short field landing :lol).

Hi GuysYou could also use auckland2005.zip which models NZKE and includes a shed (terminal?), airstrip and AFCAD (no hanger though) or auckland_real_nz_airports.zip if you use Robin Corns Auckland scenery (includes all the airports in the Auckland region)- both right here in the Avsim library - I note that somebody has done a NZKE for FSX as well.CheersPaul