Sign in to follow this  
Guest fokker70

Dreamwings question

Guest fokker70

Happy Flying all,I have decided to do a few northwest flights using Horizon Airlines schedules out of KPDX. I have downloaded the Dreamwings D8 Q100-400 series aircraft featured here in the file library's. I found the air files to be rather awful. The 400 downloaded with a GW of 68lbs??? The 100-200 series aircraft jump around on the tarmac like grasshoppers. Forget getting these rather nice looking aircraft in the air. I haven't done much research to see if new FDE are available, but was hoping to gather some info here first.

I built the original FDE for the Dreamwings '400. Because of a aircraft.cfg typo in the final build, the FDE got rather fouled up--it happens. Since I was just out of the hospital I guess all cylinders weren't firing the day I uploaded the final FDE build.Rather than people giving me some slack and realizing that mistakes can happen, I heard a lot of comments publicly that were just pure selfish, childish drivel. I can't repeat some of the private ones. I tried to work on correcting my FDE and started to hear comments to the tune of "get it done", "why did you make us waste our time downloading this", etc... Finally I threw up my hands and said enough.Some well meaning folks later came along and asked if they could post mods to my FDE and I gave permission. They were aircraft.cfg only changes and were posted at Dreamwings before their forums closed. If you search here you may see the mods posted in some of the threads.I did not contribute the FDE for the 100/200, so can't help explain that one. I haven't touched an FDE since, other than for my own personal enjoyment. I won't ever release one publicly again.Regards,John

if the q100/200 are bouncing,go into the aircraft.cfg,and search for the heading contactpoints change the first one to this and it should stop ://point.0= 1.000, 26.000, 0.000, -6.700, 3000.000, 0.000, 0.500, 55.000, 0.200, 3.500, 4.000, 4.800, 4.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000point.0= 1.000, 26.000, 0.000, -6.700, 3000.000, 0.000, 0.500, 55.000, 0.200, 3.500, 1.000, 4.800, 4.800, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000cheersJP.

Guest fokker70

John, first let me thank you for the sharing your creation with the sim community. I will be the first one to stand up and thank you for your effort, or in effect anyone that gives back to the community. In this day an age of of "broadband" media, many people feel that they can hide behind a keyboard and go off. But, this isn't the reason for my post or the reason why I asked for help. So, not going to get into or address it further.So, again thank you for your wonderful donation to the community and I will see if I can learn how to play with FDE's or dig up a modified one from someone else that donated to the free community. Thank you for your explanation as you certainty were not required to give me one.Warm regaards

Guest fokker70

Hey JP,Thank for the info, I'll give a go this evening.

Guest fokker70

JP thank you, I had a wonderful flight last night.