Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

No Traffic at DAAG

This one had me stumped. I have gone to DAAG at all times of the day/week and I am not getting any traffic on the ground. Aircraft do approach the airport but they just pass it by and fly off in to the sunset. The place is completely abandoned.I have Ultimate Traffic and about 100 other traffic bgls. I have traffic everywhere and everything seems to be operating properly. I have traffic at LIRF,HECA, LLBG, LEBL... If I go in to ACA2005 and run a timetable for DAAG, there are plenty of flights. My traffic slider is set to 100%.I am working with a fairly virgin FS9 install and the freeware DAAG scenery released in June (very nice BTW). I took a look at the AFCAD and both of the runways were closed so I opened them up - still no traffic.Any ideas?I am sure it is something simple but it is something that I have never experienced.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest retirred

A friend of mine had the same problem. In FS 9, Go to Settings/Traffic/Air Traffic density. If it is around 5%, make it at least 20 to 90%. The reason I do not say 100% is because at KSEA with 100% density, you get 9 or 10 hugh storage tanks showing up.Sort of odd-I think. Hope this helps!!

Thanks but I am already at 100% (my rig handles it rather well). As I mentioned, I have traffic everywhere except DAAG. The aircraft are approaching the vicinity of the airport but they do not attempt to land so it is not like they are doing go arounds.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Make sure in UT that you do one of two things (or both).1) Have the "traffic with no livery's use a default texture"2) Assign aircraft to at least Air Algiere.If no aircraft are assigned by default to Air Algiere you will miss 90% of the traffic there.If you at minimum use default textures for missing liverys you will see default coloured aircraft at DAAG.This is all based on the 2005 schedules I have loaded (I have the 2007 ones but they are missing many airlines so I reverted back to 2005).

Thanks for the replys.altstiff,I do actually have traffic over DAAG but none of it even attempts to land. I counted as many as 4 Air Algerie ac in the air over DAAG.Jim, I removed the AFCAD, ran the sim but the result was the same. I am guessing you were thinking I had a duplicate? This got me thinking though. Whenever I test newly installed scenery, I just go to the airport and use the active runway start location. I slew around a bit to make sure everything is in place. I never checked before to see if I had all of the DAAG start locations. As it turns out, I didn't with the AFCAD I was using - no start locations except active runway. Thinking that the AFCAD got corrupted I downloaded and installed the original. Guess what - I am still in the same boat: no traffic, no gates and no start locations. So I know it is a scenery issue and not a traffic issue but I have no idea what to do about it. AFX reads the AFCAD normally but the sim will not.

First, disable UT's DAAG afcad. Simply rename the extension to bak.Second, an afcad without start locations is a bad idea. AI needs start locations. Just start AFX and add start locations to all four runway ends to begin with. And delete the one that is there, Lists > Start locations. (Not sure what it's doing there, but the NW runway does not exist, so, if it's for a heli pad, it should be named properly.) Change their heading, name them properly. Open all runway ends for traffic. Then run fault finder. A couple of "errors" can be ingored, but there's an isolated GA section, connect that. And it should no longer complain about missing start locations.Also, when you run AFX and look for DAAG, it should only list three files, stock Afcad, the scenery's afcad, and an exclude file. Anything else should be disabled.I have traffic there, it's departing, it's landing. Difficult airport to get right, Afcad wise. If you want a quasi realistic operations, you'll need to use dual afcads. Also, the way the author closed some runway ends will not be honored by FS9.And DAAG's installed in a subfolder of Addon Scenery, right?

Mike...

>First, disable UT's DAAG afcad. Simply rename the extension>to bak.Took it out when I installed the scenery>Second, an afcad without start locations is a bad idea. AI>needs start locations. Just start AFX and add start locations>to all four runway ends to begin with. And delete the one that>is there, Lists > Start locations. (Not sure what it's doing>there, but the NW runway does not exist, so, if it's for a>heli pad, it should be named properly.) Change their heading,>name them properly. Open all runway ends for traffic. Then run>fault finder. A couple of "errors" can be ingored, but there's>an isolated GA section, connect that. And it should no longer>complain about missing start locations.Done. FS still does not list any gates or start locations in the flight planner.>Also, when you run AFX and look for DAAG, it should only list>three files, stock Afcad, the scenery's afcad, and an exclude>file. Anything else should be disabled.Check.>I have traffic there, it's departing, it's landing. Difficult>airport to get right, Afcad wise. If you want a quasi>realistic operations, you'll need to use dual afcads. Also,>the way the author closed some runway ends will not be honored>by FS9.I don't really care if it is truly realistic. I will not fly here regularly.>And DAAG's installed in a subfolder of Addon Scenery, right?Yep.I can't think of anything else. As I said, my FS9 installation is quite virgin. I am rebuilding FS9 one add on at a time after messing with FSX for the last several months.With 4700 downloads, I am surprised that I am the only person having these problems. The AFCAD that is included has a lot of issues. I am surprised no one has posted a replacement. The scenery itself is quite nice.Again, thanks for the help. If anyone has a working AFCAD for this scenery, would they be willing to send it to me?

I don't get it either. I would send you mine, but I got rid of everything already. I may install it again, but that won't be until tomorrow.As a last resort, remove the scenery and all relates files, make sure your scenery.cfg is clean (check and repair with FlightSim Manager - fsm285.zip at Avsim + fsmgr.zip at FlightSim.com), then install it again and reactivate it and see what happens.

Mike...

In relation to RC I did find a problem with their AFCAD priority and an ILS implementation.Check out their forum. I asked them to look at it and they replied that a ptch would be posted. There is a patch posted that may care of that problem.I also suggest running their AFCAD not within their scenery folder but one that runs at higher priority than the DAAG scenery folder. I created a folder called AFCAD2S with a subfolder as required called scenery. In the FGS9 scenery lib it is entered at a higher priority than airport sceneries. Any afcad file I wish to dominate scenery I place in there, in my case H:AFCAD2Sscenery. When FS starts it will reindex. If you are an RC user run its scenery rebuild utility. Check buy running AFCAD that no additional other than stock afcad is running. In the case of DAAG you will see a non-afcad file listed in layer 2 but that is OK.See if this helps.In addition download the file newutairports.zip from AVSIM. It adds new airports to Ultimate Traffic's database so it can generate schedules with them if you update to their latest traffic schedules. I have not done this but I thought I did see an Air Algerie airliner next to me while I was parked.

If you're still interested in an Afcad for DAAG, I've re-downloaded the scenery and corrected any mistakes I could find in the Afcad. Hope you can get it to work.Right-click, save target as: http://users.telenet.be/mike-online/AF2_DAAG.bglLooking further into the issue. I loaded FS, went to the flightplan screen, selected DAAG, then from the drop down menu tried to select a gate. First, only "active runway" was listed. So I "closed" the drop down menu. Opened it again and there everything was...

Mike...

Thanks for the AFCAD. I'll give it a shot. That is really strange about the drop down menu.This whole thing is strange. I have been playing with ai, ttools, AFCADS since the day the programs were release for FS2002. I remember the discussion in the ttools forum here at AVSIM that lead to the beginning of pai. I have never experienced something like this.

This is an old post I know, but finding the same problem today, I set out to investigate. The cause is in fact a faulty bgl file, which I have now corrected. I'll upload it to AVSIM later today (better late than never!). It solves all ATC and traffic problems, in my setup at least,Martin

Thanks Martin --------Just installed the FIX and AI Traffic is working.I seldom have reason to fly into DAAG but it nice to know that when I do, there will be others (AI) there also.Thanks again for taking the time to investigate and correct the problem.