Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

Recommendation for B737

I'm running FS9 in XP Pro and usually fly GA. I would like to find a 737 (any variant) which I can fly in pea soup all the way from Berlin to Stansted using the FMC. I hate stutters and I hate being all alone up in the sky. I have the PMDG 737-600/700 but my machine cannot handle it even in 2D mode. If I moved all the sliders to the left, turned off all AI, and flew in cloudless skies, without wind or weather, it might be flyable but...Freeware preferred. Payware only if it flies properly. ASUS A8N32-SLI-DeLuxe (not run as SLI)AMD Athlon 2.4 GHz1 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX 256MBHDD 25GB unused 7800Up to date driversRegular defragsThanksB

Supporter.png

John

If you can't run the PMDG on your spec's, then something is incredibly incorrect here... That's the only 737NG you will find with accurate systems modeling. I would reccomend the FeelThere, but something about that model doesn't sit rite with me. Seems a little large.

I can run everything else with frame rates of around 30 - Dreamfleet Fokker 50 with the complex panel, PMDG B1900D, Flight 1 ATR with the sliders pretty well all maxed. But the PMDG 737 has me beat and I'm not the only one. I've tried all the tweaks. The only possible explanation is that the download was corrupt but usually if that happens the program crashes. This doesn't crash, usually, but a frame rate of 6 is the best I've ever coaxed out of it. It surprises me that the world's most popular jet has been so little modelled in FS9. The superb Dreamfleet 737 was for FS2002 - for some reason they never did an FS9 version. To get back, if you can think of an explanation for my problem I'd be glad to hear it. I've been bugged by this for years!B

Supporter.png

John

There is a panel merge to use the DF 737 panel in the FFX 734. The HSI from the DF doesn't work, and has to be replaced but otherwise it's OK.scott s..

Thanks scott s. I've no experience of FFX models. Can you let me in on a bit more - FMC? GPS? Flight dynamics? If I use the DF panel, how to fit an HSI? B

Supporter.png

John

The very excellent and very much free Tinmouse II has no FMC but it is real easy on frames and a bugger to fly (as well as a real blast).It's not CAT III material though but as good as anything payware I own for what it represents.

>Thanks scott s. >I've no experience of FFX models. Can you let me in on a bit>more - FMC? GPS? Flight dynamics? If I use the DF panel, how>to fit an HSI? >Get this download and it will show you how to merge the panel. this is assuming you already have the DF734 for FS2002.http://www.petermcleland.com/merge/Merge.zipIt provides a substitute HSI gauge that is OK, it just doesn't show the FMS data such as route. I don't think I would recommend buying the DF734 with the intent of using it with the merge, but if you have it already it might be worth a shot. scott s..

>I'm running FS9 in XP Pro and usually fly GA. I would like to>find a 737 (any variant) which I can fly in pea soup all the>way from Berlin to Stansted using the FMC. I hate stutters and>I hate being all alone up in the sky. >>I have the PMDG 737-600/700 but my machine cannot handle it>even in 2D mode. If I moved all the sliders to the left,>turned off all AI, and flew in cloudless skies, without wind>or weather, it might be flyable but...>>Freeware preferred. Payware only if it flies properly. >What about Posky B737NG or Moach B737-700 Experience with the PS panel and VasFMC? All freeware!

Guest MikeMiraglia

I have been using the Posky 737-700 and 800 for awhile now and am very content. The modeling is quite suitable for my taste, and I like the price. I did have to make some adjustments to the airfile, but all in all I find it to be a nice piece of work. For the price it is worth a try.

HelloThere is one other NG with accurate systems modelingIt gets great FPS as well

>>Hello>>Ariane 737NG>>Please tell me you're joking? I bought that POS and was so sorry I allowed myself to believe a couple people who post a lot and seem to prefer high quality add ons.The Ariane 737NG is a VC only plane with textures slightly above the default textures. The PFD and ND have some strange characters that you don't find on real NGs. The FMC only imports default flight plans and doesn't have the level of function you find on all the good payware aircraft. The sounds are the worse ever, the autopilot performs like the default planes, the FDEs are sensitive like the default Cessna 172, and much doesn't work the way they have you believe on their website. A lot of functions aren't even modeled. Waste of money and not worth 20 USD dollars, let alone 100 plus USD.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired