Sign in to follow this  
Britannia757

GE Pro Question??

Now i have been using GEPro along with Flight Environment and Ultimate Terrain for a while and i could never understand why my textures didn't look like some of the others that i have seen on here. I have read countless disscussions on the texture issues and tried to change my FS9.cfg to some of the suggested settings on the forums. I have posted a screenshot of how my textures look and i would really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me where i am going wrong. I know that it's not a spec issue as i have a really top end PC.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176775.jpgAs you see the textures are all blurry and the roads are all broken up into pieces??? Any help would be really appreciated??Thanks Steve

Please forgive me but after more research into the problem it would appear i was using Ground Environment and not the Pro version. I guess this would explain why the textures look so bad.

Hi Steve, Your problem is not because your using the standard version. I was using GE and was so blown away by the diffrence it made to the sim, I rushed out and bought GE Pro UT Europe and UT USA. I loaded up the sim and it looked just like your picture. I can't give you an exact fix i'm afraid, i tryed so many diffrent things i'm not sure what fixed it in the end. Run a search, you will find lots of post's on the subject. Do a Test, try turning up mip map's. Also In ultimate terrain turn of dirt roads minor roads, give autogen priority. Rob Prest

Rob Prest

What are your system specs? What video card and what drivers?-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi BritTodd Nicholson (Flight 1 certified professional) gave this reply on SIMFORUMS: Blurry textures are caused by FS, not GEPRO. To reduce blurry textures, there are a number of different config tweaks you can apply. Just do do a search of All Forums (SIMFORUMS) for Blurry Texures.Hope this helpsPeter Hayes

Steve,Follow this link: http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Click on support, then in the left hand column there is a PERFORMANCE TUNING heading.Click on that and a pdf file downloads giving you all the info you require to reduce those blurriesHope this is of help.Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.