Sign in to follow this  
Guest cockadoodledoo

speed up fs9

Guest cockadoodledoo

Hi, I'd like to speed up my fs9...I've got an Intel 915GM 128MB graphics card.

Guest 247

Well if you want too speed up fs9 you could try things like cutting down the amount of traffic you have on the go i say this because if i ever fly out of heathrow my fav airport i have to whack it down to 50% or it just takes a yawn to load. Also if your using posky you should try changing the way the textures are made i cant rember the titles but if you change the format from one to the other apprently it makes it faster never have done it myself. Or you could updating your comp but im not exprinced much with this so i think it would be best if somebody eles clarryfied it for you.. also of course turn the graphics setting down and try updating the drivers for the graphics cards and dont have things like msn or firefox or limewire on the go as this can hurt the fps

Guest RonB49

I am not familiar with this:"I've got an Intel 915GM 128MB graphics card."but it sounds like on-board graphics (built into the mother board) as opposed to a plug in graphics card. If this is the case, then you can make a hugh difference by adding a card. If your MB has an AGP or a PCIe slot then get a card that works with that interface but if not, then even an inexpensive PCI card will be better than what you've got now.I am the voice of experience in this case. I had an HP system with on-board grapthics and no AGP/PCIe socket but a ATI 9200 plugged into a PCI slot made a world of difference.R-EDIT to add -- You will also effectively be adding RAM to your system, because that 128MB for your graphics is "shared" main memory. R-

FS wants in this order: a fast CPU, then lots of memory (RAM), and then a good video card. adding to the mix is a fast buss and a hard drive able to port information quickly (high RPM and transfer rate).the video card will only give a modest increases in framerates (but MUCH better look). when i upgraded from a MX400 to my current videocard (see specs below) i only saw 2-3 FPS increase as my bottleneck is my CPU ... then my buss speed.i agree with others that you seem to have an motherboard based videocard --- worse case situation for FS.would be helpful if you posted more of your sytem specs -*CPU*memory (RAM)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest cockadoodledoo

I have:512MB RAMIntel 915 Chipset128MB Onboard Graphics (Intel 915GM)Intel Pentium M Processor; 1.73 GHz

I have to admit... I'm honestly stunned at the amount of low-end systems being used out there. Not trying to be offensive, just stunned.The Pentium M was released in 2003... four years ago. Technology wise, that's effectively obsolete in abilities. As for the onboard video, I can't think of a single one released by anyone that was very good with regards to speed. Your system RAM level is also low end... especially for WinXP. Minimum 1gig... better at 2gig.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest 247

Sorry about kinda hi jacking your thread but can anyone say if my specs are good intel pentium 4 processeor 530 after it says ( 3.0 ghz 1mb fs880) 512 mb ddr 160gb mb ddr ati radeon 9250 256mb If you need nmore just shout and il tell ya but what do you pro's think of it

Guest RonB49

"the video card will only give a modest increases in framerates (but MUCH better look). when i upgraded from a MX400 to my current videocard (see specs below) i only saw 2-3 FPS increase ... "What you say is true for your system but is irrelivent in this thread. When I replaced the ON-BOARD GRAPHICS with a PCI card, I went from 10 - 12 FPS to 20+ FPS. That's no "modest increase." R-

RonB49:play nice. you should speak your words in a positive v. a negative attack. better way to state your experience -my experience was different than scoob's. i went from on on-board video card to a going from 10-12 FPS to 20+ FPS (note my other specs below). no modest increase for me!now, be so good as to share your system information -*OS*CPU*RAM*videocardsharing system information gives others an idea for comparative purposes.and don't forget ... each user has different addon aircraft, scenery, weather programs, FS9.cfg hacks, etc.; along with different settings for (and number of) AI, ground texture, dynamic scenery, VC cockpit detail, etc. --

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest James451

I have similar specs on a laptop.I have FS9 running well at 18-25fps with medium settings. Tweaking is important- look for high frame rate clouds and autogen,remove the signs and power poles,run default traffic at low settings and fly on sunny days!Cheers James

Guest RonB49

>play nice. you should speak your words in a positive v. a negative attack. Point taken, sorry. It was not meant as an attack. R-