Sign in to follow this  
jackpl

iFly 747-400 Auropilot Indicators

Suddenly, I have a failure. Did not previously have it.The Autopilot IAS, Heading, and Altitude indicators are frozen. I can not change them with mouse clicks.The mouse clicks work on all other items in the cockpit.Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?

>Suddenly, I have a failure. Did not previously have it.>>The Autopilot IAS, Heading, and Altitude indicators are>frozen. I can not change them with mouse clicks.>>The mouse clicks work on all other items in the cockpit.>>Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?>>>Hello i had the same problem with the free PSS panel (737NG)and it turned out to be the Avionics where not switched on.As i couldn't see an avionics switch i opened up assignments and assigned the V key as avionics key and that solved the problem.I somehow doubt whether it will be as simple as that in the iFly as the panel and systems are so complex.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Did you ever fix this problem with the iFly panel? (I ask in the hope you subscribed to the thread and will see my question!).I get the same thing now, having installed the iFly Service Pack 3. Changing back to the previous gauge file cures the problem, but it would be better to get the new .gau file to work as I suppose I am missing out on other 'fixes' by going back to the older one..Martin

>>Suddenly, I have a failure. Did not previously have it.>>>>The Autopilot IAS, Heading, and Altitude indicators are>>frozen. I can not change them with mouse clicks.>>>>The mouse clicks work on all other items in the cockpit.>>>>Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?>>>>>>>Hello >i had the same problem with the free PSS panel (737NG)and it>turned out to be the Avionics where not switched on.As i>couldn't see an avionics switch i opened up assignments and>assigned the V key as avionics key and that solved the>problem.>I somehow doubt whether it will be as simple as that in the>iFly as the panel and systems are so complex.>cheers AndyJust an admission that my "fix" for this panel was incorrect its nothing to do with assigning the V key as the avionics switch that does not work.The correct solution to the freezing autopilot is actually in the appendices of the PSS panel manual itself it is to add "electricity always available=1 "(something like that ITS IN THE APPENDICES anyway)to the electrics section of the aircraft CFG of the planes you are using with the PSS.Now THAT defiantly solves the autopliot problem.I am pleased as this panel is a real step upwards over most other freeware panels available.cheers Andy

Hi. Yes, I know that line, electrics_always_available=1 - in fact, I added it to a cfg file just the other day to fix another problem (though it sadly didn't actually fix it on that occasion!). I can try putting the new iFly "SP3" gau file back and add the line to the aircraft.cfg file to see if it helps.Thanks,M.

>Hi. Yes, I know that line, electrics_always_available=1 - in>fact, I added it to a cfg file just the other day to fix>another problem (though it sadly didn't actually fix it on>that occasion!). >>I can try putting the new iFly "SP3" gau file back and add the>line to the aircraft.cfg file to see if it helps.>>Thanks,>>M.HelloI do have to say that the "electrics always etc" was to fix a problem with the PSS Panel(737/ng) really but it might be worth a try with the I-flycheers Andy

No, that didn't work. Seems a bit pointless providing a service pack that adds new problems! I've restored the old gauge file and things are OK again..M.