Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

So how's the new CLS A330/340?

Well, if I don't intend to buy something I usually don't duiscuss it. But the statement about a good deal thanks to 150 liveries doesn't speak to me, so I decided to drop my three cents. There are numerous gorgeous freeware models which lots of freeware liveries available on AVSIM or other huge sites. I don't think number of liveries is a quotient to measure the (money-counted) value of a product. Long years of FS experience tell me that what really hides behind the price is mostly the panel and systems. Also modelling, but maybe to a lighter degree (anyway: how often do you fly watching your bird from the outside?). In this context CLS does seem well overpriced.I am not a CLS customer and will not be since I prefer flying complex machines (at the moment I am mastering now-freeware Ready for Pushback 747-200). However most of us live in a free world so there is no obligation to pay the 30+ Euro for CLS offering. I enjoy seeing these nice models (congrats, Sherv) in the screenshots but won't spend money to enjoy them live for 10 minutes (then I would probably want to fly).I could hope one day CLS will open up a division making complex system aircraft looking as good as it does now. But, on the other hand, we have some others now, don't we.Best regards,Rafal

This release is sorta like an axe...it'd be perfect if it had a handle and a blade...When I look at the proven and complete add-ons that one can buy for less...i.e. the Level-D 767 or the Dreamfleet 727, I have to scratch my head and wonder.But it leaves me inspired...guess I need to get started on my first payware project...a 787 Dreamliner add-on with a default 737 panel and sounds seems like a good idea at the moment. I'm now confident that somebody will buy it.RegardsBob Scott ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest mikealpha

Bob,but don't forget to advertise the Dreamliner 'true feel' format. And by all means, base it on FAA simulation requirements :+Mike

Guest Eurosky

Hey guysIf you are a big fan of complex FMC's then indeed this product is not meant for you. However, thats why we market this already as LITE product. There are infact, just like mentioned above, many many people flying with flightsim with LITE products. This huge group of people dont want the FMC, nor the other complex systems. They want however detail in the aircraft itself. LevelD, PMDG etc are in a different market.

what some people seem to be saying, though, is if it is a lite product, the price should also reflect that

>what some people seem to be saying, though, is if it is a>lite product, the price should also reflect thatThe only people I see that seem to be saying that are the one's who wouldn't have bought it in the first place (at any price... since it isn't a "systems intensive" package...My simple mantra is..."you don't like it.. don't buy it!" I've yet to see someone who has bought it regret doing so because of the price. I bought the package simply for the models, which I have very successfully merged with the PSS panel. I happen to think the visual models alone are well worth the price!It annoys me, though, to read people's whines about the "high" price of something that they have no intention of buying anyway...It would be equivalent to me complaining about the outrageous price of a Ferrari... though I cearly have no intention of buying one!- Alex

I think the A340 is the most elegant commercial aircraft flying today with the classic lines of a B707, so every time there is a CLS A330/A340 thread I have a look hoping that it will contain something that will entice me to get out the credit card. I have the PSS A340 but that has its own issues and is now quite dated. However, as before, I come away disappointed due to the continued lack of effort on the systems area (autopilot, FBW, FMC etc.) You don't have to wade through a 200 page manual (although it helps) to be up and flying in an aircraft with PMDG style systems implementation - in fact with the engines running only a few key strokes will have all the systems set and ready for takeoff.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."