Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

We all get those superb 'moments' within our FS9 flights that brings....

...together ALL the reasons and emotions that make us, the each of us, such flight simulation fans spanning for some, many,many years!AFG's King Air 300, Bird's Eye View (custom ground textures), and ASV6's (custom weather) was for me last night, the three prime ingredients of my 'Flight de Bliss' :)I decided to see what was going on at KMYR (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina) and so took off from KDTW (Detroit, Michigan)With ASv6 providing wonderful sunset and cloud-scape, I headed AFG's ***INCREDIBLE*** King AIR to the hold point. Getting clearance, I returned the throttle setting to high throttle and aligned to the centre of the runway.The sound of AFG's turbines has (in my personal opinion) to be the BEST rendering EVER of turbo props that I heard simulated. No discernible repeating of the sound-envelope pattern. Rather, a most remarkable and subtle humming, with an actual hint of what you could perceive as vibration and power emanating from those two power plants. The visuals of those two engines spinning the variable props is such a treat to the eyes. Such a treat!This was done SO WELL! Kudos to the team that put this package together. The rest of the virtual cockpit environment is equal to what was done with the rendering of the engines, prop visuals and their spin up, and spin down in response to throttle settings----all of it--so extremely well done to suspend disbelief, disbelief that you are NOT in fact sitting within that aircraft as in real life, acting as the P.I.C.As stated above, with a sky alive with different cloudscapes and layer density (as was last Saturday's night in the Detroit area), I pulled back to 90 percent throttle and trimmed the props to 1600 RPM for my climb-out at 1200 feet per second, and eventual cruise to FL190.Bird's Eve View's rendering of busy commercial city centres, suburbs, and out towards rural renderings is as always, so pleasurable for me. Especially at sunset and sunrise, if ASv6 gets the right mix fed to it from the METARS. Saturday at dusk, was such a METAR MOMENT!It all came together over Sandusky, Ohio as I was approaching a hand off point with ATC.At cruise, I now had the props trimmed back to 1500 rpm, throttle at 80 percent, ITT temperatures showing right on the money, and sat back for a sky show of red hues that eventually faded to a star-filled FS9 night sky. They were shining like diamonds Saturday night at nineteen thousand feet over Ohio!I sat back, sipping my cup of coffee and watched A.I. flights, American, Southwest, Spirit, Air Canada, Northwest,---crisscross the night.Eventually I came in for a final over the Atlantic and on to parking at Myrtle Beach.A so satisfying come-together flight, within FS9's magical world---allowing me to experience the wonderment of flight, and in equipment I KNOW I would never touch in real life....yes...this was a SUPERB MOMENT in time within my flight simulation hobby...Thanks for reading!Mitch

Guest blaster331

Thanks for sharing that Mitch,and thanks to all the wonderful artists who donate their work and make this one of the greastest enjoyments of my life.Maybe I need to take a closer look at that(LOL)Andrew

"I sat back, sipping my cup of coffee and watched A.I. flights, American, Southwest, Spirit, Air Canada, Northwest,---crisscross the night."If you like to fly with the red ID tags OFF of the traffic, they can be hard to see (daytime) when ATC calls out your traffic.Don't overlook that little feature in "Active Camera". Cntl + Shift + A locks your view on the closest traffic that the ATC just called out for you. Cntl + Shift + S next closest traffic etc. Cntl + Shift + E returns your view to the closest traffic. Cntl + Shift + A the second time will release the function to let you return to your view options if you have configured any for that airplane. Did you notice the prop sound change when the props came out of beta as the throttle was advanced from idle ?

Always nice to read about someone's moment of bliss. Where all those hours of installing, tweaking, and purchasing pay off and come together to form that "perfect storm". Sorta makes it all worthwhile. ;)Good hobby - great escape,ClutchProject 9Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Sure did. The sound morphs depending not only upon throttle setting, but torque load as well. I haven't tried asymmetrical flight yet and feathered a prop, but need to soon. I'll bet that that is modeled as well. I'll let you know.This thing goes WAY BEYOND the disbelief factor! I've adopted this as my default General Aviation aircraft. Totally...Cheers!Mitch'er

"I haven't tried asymmetrical flight yet and feathered a prop, but need to soon. I'll bet that that is modeled as well. I'll let you know."I have. Port engine at 7000 feet. The prop will windmill, or it did in this instance, until you feather it. It will trim with aileron and rudder for hand flying. Its best not to make your turns into the dead engine. Touchdown wasn't pretty and you can forget about taxing it to parking.

"Oh yeah?""Great news to hear...!!!!!"Must be fun on climb out with a go-around ahead of you....Oh yeah...FS9 and what is being released for it is not 'on the way out' anytime soon...Actually, I can't remember having more fun with it than right now... :) This particular aircraft might really turn out to be a great multi-engine trainer. Hey Geofa....you are the man with the Baron. Have you given this gem (B300)an engine run up? What's your take?Cheers!Mitch

>I pulled back to 90 percent throttle and trimmed the>props to 1600 RPM for my climb-out at 1200 feet per second,>and eventual cruise to FL190.Great narrative - makes me want to fly the plane again tonight!BTW I wish I could get it to climb at 1200 feet per second.... ;-)Frog

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

LOL...uh oh....can I correct that to feet per MINUTE, LOLOLOLGood catch... :)Cheers!Mitch P.S. I can't make the plane go 1200 feet per second, either....(large smile!)