Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

GFORCE tweak document

>Hi >>The problem here is that when I unzip the >"41.09_win2kxp.exe" I have a file: nv4_disp.dl_ not *.dll >and this file is not reconized by Tiva Tuner. >Help needed. >>Thanks in advance >Regards >>C.M.G. C.M.G.The 41.09_win2kxp.exe is a self installer 'executable' program. It is not a zip file that you uncompress then work the RivaTuner magic on. You would have to find the 41.09 driver as the group of files that you can unzip, then apply the pre-install tweaks to first. Then upgrade the driver from them.You may be able to get them from here:http://www.internetishop.com/TechFAQDetail...7&Type=DownloadDon

Hello Don,I have the same dificulties than Cmmgam.All 41.09 I find are self extracting : on the site you did mention, on Guru3D, ...and the file are dl_ and not dllMay I change the dl_ into dll ???I did download other versions from Gur3d there are all self extrating.Does someone know a site where we can find a non self extracting version of 41.09 up to 43.00??EmileEBBR

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi Andrew,Of course I agree with all the congratulations you receive.I am a subsidary question : Imagine my Nvidia GF video card is full optimized (thanks to your guide) via Rivatuner AND a brand new video driver comes out! Do I loss all the optimization done via RivaTuner when I load the new video driver ?or can re-use RivaTuner with the "saved" (overclocking, 3D, rates, ...) optimisation to review the impact on the video card with this new driver?Thanks in advanceEmile EBBRBrussels

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi DonThanks for your help but it's the same with the file you gave me (*.zip). After unzziped, I got a *.dl_. So, no luck :-(Any help?C.M.G.

For Nvidia drivers:1. Install your drivers as per usual.2. Browse to the windows/system or windows/system32 folder and find either "nvdd32.dll" (WIN98se) or "Nv4_disp.dll" (WinXP)and copy it into a temp folder.3. Fire up RivaTuner. Under the Power Users tab, look at the bottom where you will see an icon that looks like a folder with a gear on it, click it. Next choose "Patch Scripts" then "lodbiasfix" now choose according to your OS and when prompted point the program towards the temp folder where you put the nvdd32.dll (or Nv4_disp.dll)file. RivaTuner will let you know that it was patched.4. Now reboot Windows into SAFE mode and replace the orginal nvdd32.dll (or Nv4_disp.dll) with the patched file in your temp folder. Make sure you BACKUP THE ORIGINAL first as a precaution (name the original with a '.bak' file extension. I always substitute the first point/period in the filename with an underscore - probably not really necessary but it's a habit of mine ;))5. Reboot Windows again and you can make your negative value LOD adjustments. Try experimenting with values in the range -0.1 to -0.8Hope that's of some help.Mike :-wave

Andrew,I used your guide with my eVGA GeForce4 Ti4600-8X card and what a great quality difference it made. I used the Nvidia Omega Drivers v1.4230a as the basis and used your tweaks with RivaTuner plus modifying the FS2002.cfg file.What a great quality and frame rate quantity difference this makes!Thanks so much for this guide!Don

Hi PeteIt works :-)It's magicThanks a lotRegardsC.M.G.

Sorry Pete if I upset you. I merely wished to convey the emotional impact this will have on you once you see the results :-jumpyCheers!Mike

Hi Emile,I think I can answer you in Andrew's absence.>Do I loss all the optimization done via RivaTuner when I load the new video driver ?or can re-use RivaTuner with the "saved" (overclocking, 3D, rates, ...) optimisation to review the impact on the video card with this new driver?