Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

Reverser Effect

Guest Northy

Hi Guys,Just downloaded Ed's excellent reverse thrust effect,Has anyone got it working in the PMDG 747?If so could you share it with me...Thanks,Regards,Martin.

Guest Ken_Verga

I cant even get it working.

I got it working on one engine only!! I'm using the default 737 just in case it goes belly up. I thought i had it licked but only my port engine does it.I had to insert the Smokesystem entry as it was not in the cfg already for some reason. Here's what I have in the bit(GeneralEngineData)engine_type = 1 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=TurbopropEngine.0 = 4.75, -16.1, -4.5 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumEngine.1 = 4.75, 16.1, -4.5 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumfuel_flow_scalar = 1 //Scalar for fuel flow efficiencymin_throttle_limit = -0.25 //Minimum percent throttle. Generally negative for turbine reversermax_contrail_temperature = -30 //Temperature (deg C) below which contrails may appear(TurbineEngineData)fuel_flow_gain = 0.002 //Gain on fuel flowinlet_area = 19.6 //Square Feet, engine nacelle inlet arearated_N2_rpm = 29920 //RPM, second stage compressor rated valuestatic_thrust = 23500 //Lbs, max rated static thrust at Sea Levelafterburner_available = 0 //Afterburner available?reverser_available = 1 //Thrust reverser available?(jet_engine)thrust_scalar = 1.0(SMOKESYSTEM)smoke.0 = 4.75, 4.75, -16.1, Opensky_revspraysmoke.1 = 4.75, 4.75, -16.1, Opensky_revspray As far as I'm reading it, and its wrong onviously, entry one (4.75) of engine.0 goes in the second number of smoke.0 and the second entry (-16.1) of engine.0 goes in the third entry of smoke.0 so it stands to reason that the second smoke line eg smoke.1 should be identical to smoke.0? unless I need a smoke.2?Georg Tyrrell

Not being at my home computer to test this but i can plainly see that you have the 2 engine entries the samesmoke.0 = 4.75, 4.75, -16.1, Opensky_revspraysmoke.1 = 4.75, 4.75, -16.1, Opensky_revspray where as the engine data entry shows the differenceEngine.0 = 4.75, -16.1, -4.5 Engine.1 = 4.75, 16.1, -4.5 So it should show as the following smoke.0 = 4.75, 4.75, -16.1, Opensky_revspraysmoke.1 = 4.75, 4.75, 16.1, Opensky_revspray try that and see if both engines work now.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest wji

No joy using it on my machineAfter placing the {SMOKESYSTEM} part for the B744 into the FS9 default crate and adding the panel.cfg gauge, I dialed in Moderate Precipitation into Gatwick EGKK but by the time I hit the reversers it had stopped raining. Oh, well, thanks to the author; we'll try another day.

Guest Felixx62

Try this settingEngine.0 = 4.75, -16.1, -4.5,Opensky_revsprayEngine.1 = 4.75, 16.1, -4.5 ,Opensky_revsprayI found when i first installed this that i had to hit the "I" smoke effect key on the k/b to get the effect to work.

Hi All,I just spotted this on the front page, and must admit it caught my eye straight away, and wondered if anyone had tried it yet.So I thought I would have a quick look in here and see if anyone had, well, I laughed my socks off when it was the first post in the list, not because anyone was having problems with it, but just because it was at the top of the list.I must say that the preview picture looks fantastic, and hats of to the developer for making it in the first place, something like this will really add to the feeling of landing a heavy on a wet runway, even if FS9 doesn't show a wet runway.My question though is this, as witnessed so far, there are a lot of us that still don't know how to integrate some of these wonderful extras that people take the time and effort for us all to enjoy.Not because we are lazy, but simply because of time constraints put upon us from our real world commitments.What would be very nice here is if someone could make up a template for us for some of the most common types of add-on a/c that we typically use.Such as the PMDG 747, LDS 767, PSS 777,757 A330,A3450 etc.This would be great, and would do nothing but promote the use of this very very good utility even more.I have long been a believer in the old adage "a little knowledge is dangerous" and that has proved me right a few times in the world of FS intricacies.It does not take very much tinkering with FS to completely mess something up altogether.So a collection of templates put together by someone that "knows how" would make life much more bearable for us "fear of screwing up our FS technofobes"We have had people in the past put together airport lists etc in Excel format, and rob's gauges in template form for his marvellous push-back utility.If someone could do this for us for this latest piece of wizardry on the reverse thrust effect.I hope I don't get shouted at for making the suggestion, but I just felt that it would enable a lot more people able to enjoy this new feature, and not mess up their FS installation, or favourite aircraft.I appreciate that we can make back-up copies first, but as I mentioned earlier on, if you have no idea in the beginning, then it could take you a very long time to master it.And by that time, some might have given up on it altogether, which would be a big shame.Thanks.

Hi I too had a look at what would be involved in installing this extremely realistic effect, after seeing the videos.The effect really is fantastically well done.But, only having very very limited computer skills I bottled out of attempting to install it.Ed(edetroit) very very kindly emailed me some additional instructions to help me install it but It still went well over my head.It is such a shame, as for me and other unskilled simmers this really excellent effect will never see the light of day .But thank you anyway for offering it in the first place.regards Jim

Guest wji

"I found when i first installed this that i had to hit the "I" smoke effect key on the k/b to get the effect to work."Thnx, Felix . . . works for me (now)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177085.jpgUsing the B744 string[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -18.030, -106.400, -70.083333, Opensky_revspraysmoke.1 = -18.030, -76.300, -40.916667, Opensky_revspraysmoke.2 = -18.030, -76.300, 40.916667, Opensky_revspraysmoke.3 = -18.030, -106.400, 70.083333, Opensky_revsprayThanks again to: Edward Cox

Ha!!Thanks Clarke, I honestly didnt see the minus sign in the second line. I've been looking at it all day and as usual an objective eye does the trick, nice one mateGeorge

Hi,What about the other aircraft guy's, the PMDG already has a line for smoke system [sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 0.00, -20.5, 0.00, fx_pmdg744_cockpit,and the LDS has [sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 1.5, -22, 58.5, fx_smoke_wsmoke.1 = 1.5, -22, -58.5, fx_smoke_wWhat do we do with these.Thanks for any help.

Guest Felixx62

These settings also apply to the Fifty North 737/300/400/500 seriesEngine.0 = 4.75, -16.1, -4.5,Opensky_revsprayEngine.1 = 4.75, 16.1, -4.5 ,Opensky_revspray

Guest HugoA346

No luck with my new CLS A330-300 GE either (even after pressing I on the keyboard):[GeneralEngineData]engine_type= 1Engine.0= 15.166, -30.386, -7.583Engine.1= 15.166, 30.386, -7.583fuel_flow_scalar= 0.4370min_throttle_limit=-0.409912&[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -18.030, 15.166, -30.386 Opensky_revspraysmoke.1 = -18.030, 15.166, 30.386 Opensky_revspray&[Window00]file=....clspanel_A330_genericMAIN.bmp size_mm=1600window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=CLS_A330_FS9!EICAS_UPPER_GE, 1140,695,332,304gauge01=CLS_A330_FS9!PFD, 24,704,326,315etc.gauge35=CLS_A330_FS9!Gear Light Nose, 1553,749,17,20gauge36=CLS_A330_FS9!Gear Light Right, 1573,775,17,20gauge37=CLS_A330_FS9!AUTOBRAKE_SWITCH, 1523,814,71,24gauge38=revspray!revspray, 0,0,10,10 // Reverser splashAny thoughts?

Hello Steve, re: "What would be very nice here is if someone could make up a template for us for some of the most common types of add-on a/c that we typically use.Such as the PMDG 747, LDS 767, PSS 777,757 A330,A3450 etc."This is a good idea .... I would have done this myself but I have been soooo busy and am going on holiday tomorrow. I thought it best to just upload the effect and gauge for those who were very keen to get their hands on it.I'm sure while I'm away the configs/coords will appear for the different models.The fact that some think they have to press the I key really baffles me!.... it's simple put the cab file in gauges folder and write the appropriate line in your panel cfg.Oh and btw make this effect the ONLY effect in your [smoke system]section of your panel cfg.

>Hi,>>What about the other aircraft guy's, the PMDG already has a>line for smoke system >[sMOKESYSTEM]>smoke.0 = 0.00, -20.5, 0.00, fx_pmdg744_cockpit,>>and the LDS has >[sMOKESYSTEM]>smoke.0 = 1.5, -22, 58.5, fx_smoke_w>smoke.1 = 1.5, -22, -58.5, fx_smoke_w>>What do we do with these.>>Thanks for any help.Decide whether you prefer to keep these effects or use the reverser spay effect ....do NOT combine the two.