Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

Reverser Effect

>No luck with my new CLS A330-300 GE either (even after>pressing I on the keyboard):>>[GeneralEngineData]>engine_type= 1>Engine.0= 15.166, -30.386, -7.583>Engine.1= 15.166, 30.386, -7.583>fuel_flow_scalar= 0.4370>min_throttle_limit=-0.409912>>&>>[sMOKESYSTEM]>smoke.0 = -18.030, 15.166, -30.386 Opensky_revspray>smoke.1 = -18.030, 15.166, 30.386 Opensky_revspray>>&>>[Window00]>file=....clspanel_A330_genericMAIN.bmp >size_mm=1600>window_size_ratio=1.000 >position=7>visible=1>ident=MAIN_PANEL>window_size= 1.000, 1.000>window_pos= 0.000, 0.000>>gauge00=CLS_A330_FS9!EICAS_UPPER_GE, 1140,695,332,304>gauge01=CLS_A330_FS9!PFD, 24,704,326,315>>etc.>>gauge35=CLS_A330_FS9!Gear Light Nose, 1553,749,17,20>gauge36=CLS_A330_FS9!Gear Light Right, 1573,775,17,20>gauge37=CLS_A330_FS9!AUTOBRAKE_SWITCH, 1523,814,71,24>gauge38=revspray!revspray, 0,0,10,10 //>Reverser splash>>>Any thoughts?I'll check it out for you

Guest wji

Thanks for this cool tool, Ed . . . Here's my Youtube

realdeal!

Guest Felixx62

Hi.. edetroitIf your engine data reads:>engine_type= 1>Engine.0= 15.166, -30.386, -7.583>Engine.1= 15.166, 30.386, -7.583Try these figs in your smoke settings for the revspray effect.[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0=15.166, -30.386, -7.583,Opensky_revspraysmoke.1=15.166, 30.386, -7.583, Opensky_revsprayIt should work ok...

I have managed to get both engines on the default 737 reverse spraying but only using the 'i' key as others have mentioned.I amended the panel .cfg as per instructions and the revspray.cab file is in the guages folder.This is all pretty new to me so any help would be appreciatedregards Jim

If anyone does get it right for the default 737-400 I hope they will post the complete, required entries here for those of us who remain "confused" (more than usual, that is)

I have been made aware of a mistake in the download that may affect some."In your download, the folder named

One way or another I have the effect working with the throttle reversers using the default 737.But the effect operates regardless of the weather,rain or shine,why?Everything has been put in the panel.cfg as instructed.regards Jim

HiJust out of interest, with the addition of a panel that just contains the appropriate gauge, should it possible to add this effect to AI ?Gary

AI pay no heed to panels...so it will not work.Hello Jim,...which sim are you using. ?

Ed,Not strictly true - I have fan engine heat haze effects on all of my AI, which is operated by a gauge in the virtual cockpit section of a much-simplified panel.cfg file for each AI plane. These are lights-based, so I don't know whether effects would work if attached to the smokesystem entries. (I'll try it out!);)

>Ed,>>Not strictly true - I have fan engine heat haze effects on all>of my AI, which is operated by a gauge in the virtual cockpit>section of a much-simplified panel.cfg file for each AI plane.>These are lights-based, so I don't know whether effects would>work if attached to the smokesystem entries. (I'll try it>out!)>>;)Whoa! :-eek ...well if you can do that ...I'll do some tests!Thankyou for that little nugget! ;)

I finally got it to work on the default 737-400. Here is what I did.1. Place the Opensky_revspray.fx in your Effects folder.2. Place the revspray.cab in your Gauges folder.3. Using Notepad, ADD the following line under the Window00 section of your panel cfg. gaugexx=revspray!revspray, 0,0,10,10 // Reverser splashChange the XX to the next available gauge number.Failure to add this line to your panel.cfg will mean you can only use the I key to invoke the effect.4. In your Aircraft.cfg file, ADD the following section.square brackets SMOKESYSTEM square bracketssmoke.0=-2.50,0.25,-16.1, Opensky_revspraysmoke.1=-2.50,0.25, 16.1, Opensky_revsprayNOTE: As the brackets will not display in the message area I just wrote out the words on either side of the SMOKESYSTEM label. Use the actuka brackets, not the words. According to an earlier post, you can have only ONE such entry under the SMOKESYSTEM label.I originally had an "engine heat" effect here and simply commented it out and used the numbers which it had to create the entry above.You may already have a SMOKESYSTEM label - if so, comment out what may be under it and add the above lines.This works for me in wet weather only. You still see the tire burn smoke upon touchdown - which looks similiar to the spray effect. The spray effect will last as long as the thrust reverser is in use.I use another set of gauges which automatically deploys the spoilers and starts the thrust reverser when the nose wheel makes contact with the runway and then shuts both off when a normal taxi speed has been reached. Together with the spray effect this makes quite an impressive landing - with little input from me other than to arm the gauges for the spoilers and thrust reverser.I hope this infomation is helpful.