Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

Reverser Effect

>No luck with my new CLS A330-300 GE either (even after>pressing I on the keyboard):>>[GeneralEngineData]>engine_type= 1>Engine.0= 15.166, -30.386, -7.583>Engine.1= 15.166, 30.386, -7.583>fuel_flow_scalar= 0.4370>min_throttle_limit=-0.409912>>&>>[sMOKESYSTEM]>smoke.0 = -18.030, 15.166, -30.386 Opensky_revspray>smoke.1 = -18.030, 15.166, 30.386 Opensky_revspray>>&>>[Window00]>file=....clspanel_A330_genericMAIN.bmp >size_mm=1600>window_size_ratio=1.000 >position=7>visible=1>ident=MAIN_PANEL>window_size= 1.000, 1.000>window_pos= 0.000, 0.000>>gauge00=CLS_A330_FS9!EICAS_UPPER_GE, 1140,695,332,304>gauge01=CLS_A330_FS9!PFD, 24,704,326,315>>etc.>>gauge35=CLS_A330_FS9!Gear Light Nose, 1553,749,17,20>gauge36=CLS_A330_FS9!Gear Light Right, 1573,775,17,20>gauge37=CLS_A330_FS9!AUTOBRAKE_SWITCH, 1523,814,71,24>gauge38=revspray!revspray, 0,0,10,10 //>Reverser splash>>>Any thoughts?Where do you get the "18.030" in the smoke section? I can see where the other numbers are from.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

The numbers in the smokesystem section only, indicate vertical/longitudinal/lateral positions in feet from the reference datum. This is unique in the aircraft.cfg file for two reasons:- all of the other coordinate locations for engines, fuel tanks, views etc. are specified as longitudinal/lateral/vertical (thanks, Microsoft!)- the vertical parameter (in the smokesystem section only) has no effect in the sim; this is a bug in FS9 (as it was in FS8). So the -18.030 figure apparently represents vertical height below the reference point, although FS ignores it because of the bug. To get vertical displacement, you have to adjust the Y offset figure in the effects file itself, which is why it's difficult to work with the smokesystem function, as it has one 'switch' only (on or off), and it has a bug which requires the use of different FX files if you intend the effect to be generic across multiple different planes. I prefer using the 'lights' switches, of which only five are routinely used, leaving the others free to be used. No coordinate bugs either.;)

Ed,The panel.cfg file I use in my PAI folders is essentially the default 737 panel.cfg, with this small adjustment://This controls the AI exhaust generationsquarebracket VCockpit03 closesquarebracketsize_mm=512, 512pixel_size=512,512texture=$h_clusterbackground_color=0,0,0visible=0gauge00=Autosmoke!LightsAutosmoke, 0,0gauge01=revspray!revspray, 0,0,10,10 // Reverser splash[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=2600Day=255,255,255Night=205,101,100Luminous=147,64,64In this section, all I did was replace the gauges with my engine exhaust gauge, working with defined light switches in the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg. FS seems to ignore everything else in this file. This is from my PAI 737 panel.cfg, with the revspray reference inserted. I haven't tested it yet to see if it works - however, all of the lightswitches work.;)

Didnt work for me on the 50N models?Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

David,I tried your different numbers and they all work fine,but the reverse effect still shows regardless of weather.And there will be an obvious answer to this ,but the effect does not appear in both fs9 replay or recorder,is that correct.regards Jim

would someone be good enough to post the required details to get this to work in the PMDG 747 please.Thanks

>David,I tried your different numbers and they all work>fine,but the reverse effect still shows regardless of>weather.And there will be an obvious answer to this ,but the>effect does not appear in both fs9 replay or recorder,is that>correct.>>>regards JimOn my setup the effect does appear in replay - I have not checked it in recorder though.And the restate what I said before - it only works in wet weather for me - no sign of it at all in non rainy weather.

Hi,would someone be good enough to post the required details to get this to work in the PMDG 747 please.Thanks.

Hello.Try this : squareSMOKESYSTEMsquare//smoke.0 = 0.00, -20.5, 0.00, fx_pmdg744_cockpit, // originalsmoke.0 = -18.030, -107.5, -53.3, Opensky_revspray // addsmoke.1 = -18.030, -76.0, -30.0, Opensky_revspray // addsmoke.2 = -18.030, -76.0, 30.0, Opensky_revspray // addsmoke.3 = -18.030, -107.5, 53.3, Opensky_revspray // addIt's important to have only one "smoke line" per engine, if you don't put the "//" before the first smoke line (PMDG original) you will have the effects only on the other three engines.Philippe M

Guest dj_sx

Hi all,one short question ;-)The effect seems to work BUT:I don't see the smoke but "transparency". This means,the coordinates where the smoke would / should show up,there is just transparency making the airplane invisible,so as if it wouldn't be existing at these points / coordinates.I tried all gfx-settings in FS9 as well as in the nvidia-settingsmanager. I even changed the drivers with older ones and betas.I also tried the Level-D. All the same.Anyone an idea what the problem could be? My first thought was"environment-upgrades" such as real environment pro etc. or VISTA?[EDIT]The smoke effect of the Extra 300s doesn't even shop up, no artefactsor something else. But it is shown as enabled in the menu... weired...### jpeg attached ! ###But maybe the answer is much easier?!Please help meeee ! ;.-(greetz,OlliSystem:C2D 6750 @ 2,66 GHz2 GB DDR28800 GTS / 640 MBLots of HDD ;-)19" FlatVista 32-Bit Home Premiumno further probs in FS9

Hi,Actually, for AI aircraft the haze effect is always on when their lights are on - the gauge is not used at all. That's only needed for user aircraft. You do not need to create a PANEL folder in the AI aircraft's folder, and it actually slows down FS loading if you do.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___