Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

CLS DC-10 Package

Hi, just curious to know what you guys think of the CLS DC-10 package. Looks good from the reviews.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I have the CLS DC-10 and their Airbus A340-500/600. The DC-10 is very nice and has a very good virtual cockpit with just about everything the real DC-10 had. I fly 100% in the VC with all FS2004 stuff because I have a Triplehead set-up so I can no longer use 2D cockpit displays. The visual model of the -10 is very good, with very detailed and clear moving surfaces, gear, etc., and the sounds are also good. The flight model seems good as well although I've not flown it a great deal but it is superior to any other DC-10 I've yet flown in FS2004.The -10 is not quite as breathtaking to my eye as the A340-500/600 which truly is a work of art and seems slightly sharper in finish. However both are very good and I'd rate the Airbus "A" and the DC-10 "A-".CLS does nice work and the aircraft are generally very pleasant to fly. Their manuals are brief aand useful (to the point) but the tutorials are suitably large and immensely detailed and very user friendly. The FMC is quite basic and is designed to be used in association with FS2004 flightplans and the FS2004 autopilot. CLS makes simplified FMCs but the quality seems to be high and they have good forums to support their work.It isn't valid to compare CLS with PMDG or Level-D (and I have both and have flown them a lot) because CLS never set out to make hugely complex and sophisticated add-ons, rather, something that everybody could use and enjoy in the ordinary course of simming. Fed up with the default Cessna, for example? Then just jump into the DC-10 and fly away like that--easy !So, if you want something nice that looks good and flies easily with not a vast amount of up-front "homework", then you can't beat 'em.I plan to buy their new A330/A340-300 series in the near future. For me, CLS is a keeper.

Thanks for the infoBill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks JSACKS thats a great review :)