Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

AFCAD Help

I downloaded the AFCAD file for KDTW airport and in the download it has 2 files, a KDTW.tx and a 2DTW.tx. In the read me file it says "You will also need to create 1 new airport (2DTW) in your AFCAD airports files" How do I do this? Do I just install the file 2DTW.tx like I do any AFCAD that has a single .tx file? I just started downloading AFCAD files a few days ago and still learning the stuff.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Yes, it's almost that simple. Just use the Import option in AFCAD to get 2DTW, and then Save it. It will say something like "Do you want to create a new airport 2DTW for the city of Detroit?" Say Yes.That's it for AFCAD. However, if you want your AI planes to use 2DTW, you will need to play with the TTools files also. Copy the KDTW line in airports.txt and change the name to 2DTW in the copy. Now you need to move some of your KDTW flights to 2DTW in flightplans.txt. You can do that manually with an editor, or use the AITM tool (available as a free download) to do it for you. Deciding which flights to move is up to you. If this is the same DTW set I downloaded a while back, KDTW gets most of the Northwest flights, while 2DTW gets just about everything else.Lee Swordy's manuals for AFCAD and TTools cover this all pretty well. Even if you don't read manuals, you should make an exception for these, because they are very thorough and also because they reach beyond the narrow scope of the programs to give you a lot more information about how these things actually work.