Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Calling All Canucks...If You like Alexander Keiths Beer

Guest abent

and some FANTASTIC Maritime scenery, get Craig and Steven Mosher's amazingly detailed and fps friendly sceneries. Available right here in the AVSIM file library.Look for:cyhz_v10.zipcyqm_v10.zipcyyt_v10.zipPayware quality for the outstanding price of $0.00 dollars.Adam

Guest Lobaeux4

They are outstanding sceneries, I've downloaded each. St. John's looks just like the real thing!!Any idea on what's next for them? Ottawa would be a great addition, I don't think it's been done, neither has Gander.Do you know of anyone who's doing Western Canadian airports, mainly Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary (which I think would be fantastic) or Vancouver?Lobaeux

Guest abent

Hey Lobaeux, I did talk to one of the Mosher brother some time ago and if I remember correctly, he said that they were doing an update on CYHZ.I have no idea what their plans are for the future vsv sceneries, but I'd LOVE to see them do Winnipeg. Adam

Guest mikehaska

I sent an email to the brothers a while back, and they essentially said that the larger western airports (Calgary in specific) were essentially out of the picture for a freeware release because of a) they need to research the airport firsthand by visiting it, and :( the prohibitive cost of travelling all the way out here.Great guys, though, very friendly (aren't all us Canadians, though?) and they make some killer scenery!

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

i was talking to criag on the 12th of last month this is what he said in a email:We will be releasing a version 2 of CYHZ sometime later on. Once the mounds of snow clear, we will be going back to re photograph stuff and will rebuild the hangars and parts of the terminal. Improvements to the ramp areas and gates are also slated. Maybe sometime in April or May would be my guess. CYQM is also getting a re-work, with the new terminal opening. This will happen within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Again, the piles of snow are hindering good photos of the buildings and ramp areas. Other than that, we have nothing planned for the moment. Just waiting for the weather to clear a little. I'd like to do Charlottetown for FS2004 as well. and we have loads of snow still around hereshane

Guest abent

Thanks Shane. Also, David MacDonald nade a nice rendition of CYAW(Halifax-Shearwater).

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

and from david on the 15th in a email:i have the fences completed for the scenery, so i'm just waiting to get some more time to optimize some things.

Guest Lobaeux4

Charlottetown would be a nice addition.I really don't know how they can improve on St. John's, maybe addition of local scenery, like detail in the harbor or the castle on the hill. As far as the airport goes, the first time I flew into there with the Dash 8, I thought I was there for real. Almost taxiied right up to Esso by habit, lol. One thing that doesn't show through are elevations on the field itself, as I remember it, standing in front of Esso, you can't see the end of rwy 29, there's such an elevation change.Too bad for the western airports, maybe someone will be able to accomplish those.LobaeuxQuidi Vidi beer rules!

Guest Barney1

As a sometime-designer of scenery, I can attest to the difficulty in trying to do a good job from far away! Even with the fantastic help from folks who do live near the target airport, and excellent pictures taken by these people, it is still nearly impossible to "see" things in the proper perspective and relationship. Thus, I can understand and appreciate the Mosher brothers' reluctance to take on projects like the Western cities. However, if there were enough voluntary support from others who do live near these places, and who don't mind making the necessary visits on-site, and who don't mind taking large numbers of photos (digital cameras are the best for this), and don't mind making frequent email postings, and don't mind being pestered for infinite details day after day, then perhaps, Steve and Craig could be convinced to tackle at least one designated airport as a 'test'. If sufficient progress were made, then they might be less reluctant to do another....and then....another.....!It must also be recognized that extreme amounts of time are required to create the detail that the Mosher boys insist upon. This is where it is beneficial to have more people actually working on the project; but communicating becomes problematic when dealing with distances between the people concerned. If a 'team' could be organized, then some of the load is lifted from their shoulders and progress is better made. And if they do read this, and are tempted, I for one would be happy to help in any capacity....including learning to use G-max!

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

they do a outstanding job and if i remeber rt you have done some outstanding scenery too barney what have you been upto latly in your fs endevorsshane

Guest Barney1

Hello Shane! I haven't done too much for this version of the sim. Hopefully, I can get cracking at G-max and begin anew when the new FS comes out this summer(?). You might visit the latest upload page though, and check out "Confederation Bridge" which I just finished, that seems more relevant now that we have PEI back!

Guest Captain Barfbag

Is that $0.00 price American or Canadian?

I expect to upload a completely new version of Vancouver within the next couple of weeks, it is in final beta testing at the moment. It is done in Airport and the layout and buildings are based on plans, photos and maps provided by CYVR staff; the buildings are quite a bit more extensive than the default, with a few custom textures. This will be version 1 which includes all the north terminals to plan, with the south terminal and some other buildings just roughed in. There will be an amateur AFCAD file with it.NigelVancouver