Sign in to follow this  
Guest krswen

Triple Header with TrackIR

Guest krswen

Just read a review of the new digital Triple Header and it sounds pretty neat. Couple of questions:While it reduces the need for a TrackIR in the lateral directions, I would still like to keep mine for looking up at the overhead. Are they compatible? Can the TrackIR be adjusted differentially for lateral and vertical? For those of you who have both, is this even necessary?What are recommendations for monitors with the thinnest bezels (frames) these days?

That might have just answered my question and the post that I posted about 5 minutes ago. That was definatly NOT 3 DIFFERANT views on three differant screens.....that was ONLY one view split up on three differant views. I want to be able to see three DIFFERANT views on thre DIFFERANT monitors. Is this NOT possible ? jerrycwo4

Yes it is possible I've seen it where the outside view is on one the panel is on another and then the overhead is on yet another.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

individual axis are fully adjustable within the TrackIR software, so you can either slow one plane of movement down, or disable it completely.

Guest Knikolaes

What I'd love to see is . . . say . . . me . . . with that equipment.I am going shopping now . . . .

I have the TrackIR and I've investigated the Triple Head to Go. I've decided to take a pass on 3HTG for now: the biggest draw back for me is the fact that the manufacturer recommends 3 identical monitors -- same size, same resolution, definately same bezel width, etc., otherwise you won't be able to line up correctly, and even an 8th of an inch off is annoying when you've put out as much money as me.Since I have two computers -- one good, one less good, I very happy with my lower cost alternative: WideView 2004, one 17 inch flat panel and 2 15 inchers. I get high frame rates and a perfect 180 degree field of view.Smooth skies!Chuck B

Guest Knikolaes

Hey Chuck, I have a question on that.I am in a similar boat -- I have multiple monitors sitting around. I'd love to stretch my FS across two of them as I have 2 Nvidea 7800GT's installed in the same machine. I disabled SLI (FS hates SLI anyway so you should never run FS with SLI on) and managed to get dual monitors to wrk but can't stretch the VC view.I searched out that WideFS you mentioned and the way their site explains everything it's like it's for networking only. Are you able to stretch the FS view on one CPU or is it such that WideFS is only for multiple computers?

Hi, Knikolaes:I think you're talking about WideView, which is for networking MSFS on multiple computers only.I think those cards are dual head, so it should be easy to stretch the desktop for multiple views. Download a program called nHancer Advanced Control Panel for nVidia and using the desktop wizard, set your desktop to SPAN view on two (or three or four) monitors. (I would only add one at a time and check my frame rates after each before adding another monitor), start FS and create your flight. Then start another view, undock it and move it to your other monitor. You'll have to adjust the point of view to 45 degree right or left, either in your panel.cfg files as mentioned above, or use my method of setting pan in 2D panel view and adjust your view and horizon lines with the hat switch. After that, be sure you write down all your zoom and pan angles, and/or save your flight with your tweaked views, and you should be good to go. There are also a couple of threads here in the past weeks about using nHancer to help the AA issues in the latest nVidia drivers, too, so nHancer is quite a handy little app to have. IM me if you can't find any of those threads.Hope this helps! Smooth skies!Chuck B.