Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nealoc187

Are there any really good Regional Jet sims out there?

Guest Nealoc187

I've been using the F1 ATR for several months now but I'm starting to get a little bored with it, so I'm wondering if there are any really good RJs available or in the works? I'm hoping for something along the lines of the Flight1 ATR in terms of sophistication, complexity, and quality. I've heard a bit about the FeelThere ERJ145 sim but have heard that it's a little lightweight compared to the F1 ATR - any opinions on that? Regional jets interest me because I want something a bit faster and higher flying than the ATR, but I don't really have any interest in super long enroute phases of flight (to me, enroute is boring - departure and arrival is where the excitement is) so I've been hesitant to pick up something like the LevelD 767 or the PMDG 747. I guess if there's nothing coming along soon that offers what I want in an RJ, I'll probably go with one of the 737 sims that are available.

What about the MADDOG? I've got it and it is nice. Not sure if it qualifies for what your looking for.www.flythemaddog.comJimCYWG

The Feelthere ERJ and CRJ's are about it when it comes to regional jets. I've got both, along with the ATR. While they aren't as good as the ATR (IMHO) they are fine. The gauges on the CRJ's could be better, but I think there are freeware replacments.Dave

Digital Aviation claim to be in the process of developing a CRJ200www.digital-aviation.deIf it's as good as their Piper Cheyenne and Dornier 27, it will be very good indeed.However, have no idea when it might be released.

ngxu_banner.png

Can I ask what you find boring about the ATR? I was thinking of picking it up, even though it's not a(n easily) 'profitable' airframe in FSEconomy. If it's nothing special, though, maybe not...

Guest Nealoc187

>Can I ask what you find boring about the ATR? I was thinking>of picking it up, even though it's not a(n easily)>'profitable' airframe in FSEconomy. If it's nothing special,>though, maybe not...It's not the aircraft itself, I think the ATR is a marvelous add-on and I will continue using it. But for the last two months I've flown pretty much nothing else, and I just want to fly something else for a while just for a change of pace. I go through phases in my simming, at first it was GA aircraft (the aircraft I fly in real life, Cirrus SR20 and SR22, PA-28R, PA-34 and PA-44) then it was the ATR, then the Pilatus PC12, then back to the ATR, now I just want something different for a while.

Guest haskell99

I totally get it. I could have written the original post! I LOVE the complexity of the ATR, but sometimes want a little quicker plane. I have the PIC ERJ-145. It is "OK". The graphics aren't as immersive as the ATR and isn't as procedurally complex. I fly for Delta VA and so many of their flights are now RJs. Now, I bit the bullet and paid the FAT price for the Maddog. Worth every penny. Or Euro. IT IS AWESOME. Level-D 767, ATR-72, Maddog. Very complex, hand flies well, graphically very immersive. I can use it on the long-short hops... ABQ-SLC, DEN-DFW, etc. Flights that are too long for the ATR, but not "long-hauls". I can't say enough about how I love the Maddog. Now you got me wanting to fly the ATR again. Love that sim. EddieKABQ

I don't think of the MADDOG price as FAT even though you like it.Sorry.

Guest haskell99

I guess $50+ is my threshold for fat. I remember when the 24.95 standard became the 39.95 standard. I paid 44.95 for the ATR so the Maddog is only about 8 bucks more. At any rate... it is worth every penny. I can't stop flying it. Eddie

Also, Virtualcol claims to be in the process of developing an EMB-170/175/190/195. The pack will be named E-Jets Virtual. The model (I'm not sure about the FDE) is ready, the panel.... they haven't said anything yet.Check it here at http://www.virtualcol.com/ (sorry, Spanish only).Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Guest Knikolaes

Is this the same maddog as at flythemaddog.com? If so I am waiting for that one when the VC version is released. I am strictly a VC flyer, but i heard when they do release it that it will not be avail for FS9, and I barely touch my FSX.

"now I just want something>different for a while."This is different: http://www.suprunovdesign.ru/msfs_models_yak40_e.htmAVSIM review: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0307/Yak40/Yak40.htmI love it. The autopilot is very basic so you'll always have to land manually, there's no FMC so it's all VOR and NDB navigation.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Acording to the front page "feelThere Goes Real World""Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 2:42The Belgian Defense Force's 15th Wing Air Transport now uses the feelThere ERJ Pilot In Command for teaching their pilots flight deck preparations. This airplane is available for download at the feelThere website and on CD at the Wilco Publishing website."So, the systems must be pretty acurate if the airforce is using it as a teaching sim.Dave F.