Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Wilco/FT A320 Forum

So, Wilco shuts down it's A320 forum. Did I miss something? When did Captain Sim buy Wilco?Dave F.

It's been coming a while now. I see they finally did it.I understand that they want to "stream line" the support process but why not leave the forum up for others to discuss problems?I have always supported FT and enjoy the Airbus (as well as the Guppy) even with the bugs.This move is making me think twice about spending money on V2.

Feelthere stinks. They release buggy, half finished garbage and then have the audacity to complain about customers calling them out on it in their forums.

Locking the forums is a a horrendously stupid idea. The only reason to do it is fear.Not a penny to them. Ever. (Trying to stifle critical speech on the internet, eh? What's the success ratio for that? Is there a number lower than zero?)

After 3 aborted flights EGLL to LIMC I have finally uninstalled the A320 and will wait for the AirSimmers version which I see is coming from Flight1 so should be equal to the LevelD 767 in qualityI regret being drawn into Wilco's bugged Airbus and have reinstalled my trusty Aerosoft version until the new AirSimmers arrives.Not another penny to Wilco from me if this is how they treat their customersI think that the locking might be a precursor to the release of V2 but I for one will give this a miss and fly PSS 330s and 340s until the AirSimmers wide bodied airbuses which they have announced, Remembering the rushed introduction of Wilcos A320 effort into the world after the AirSimmers announcement earlier this year I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see a bugged version of the wide bodies on the market fairly soonAll I can say is - "buyer beware" and not going to be drawn to wilco again - ever!John

Guest JeanLuc_

That is a relief thank you! I've read so many posts that actually Wilco rushed the release of their Airbus because of Airliner XP announcement. Now I feel relieved I've nothing to do with it!:-)

Hi there,I just went there and right now (8:14 Eastern Time) the whole forum is down?!?! Did they say it was just the Airbus forum that's going to be closed or all of feelthere's forum support?Either way, what a shame. I'll take my business someplace else in the future.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

It was obvious from the start that Wilco rushed the release of the product. Never did feelThere or Wilco acknowledge that their advertising had been misleading as the product never fulfilled all the claims they made. After several service packs it still doesn't. Now all is aimed at the release of their Volume 2 (A330, A340 series). Still with the same omissions, flaws etc. I am sure. FeelThere/Wilco have left their customers out in the cold. And by shutting the forum they just emphasized that.For me it is clear. No more of either one of them. But unfortunately there will always be new people, not being aware of their attitude and poor standards who will purchase their products, believing the claims made.Flying Dutchman

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Surprise, surprise the forums are all still down... as you say everything now focused on the Volum 2 and as far as they are concerned they've got their money on the narrow bodies and thats that.They are now as far as I am concerned on a par with Perfect Flight and Ariana - ie all pariah companies releasing substandard products and relying on new people in the hobby to purchase from them.It's a shame some commercial companies in the hobby behave like this. On the other hand I beleive the support from people like Active Sky, Flight1, PMDG, Aerosoft and others more than makes up for the rogue companies and shows what the hobby can do when the right motives are in place - service to the flight simulation community - rather than just being out to make a quick buck at our expense.John

Jean Luc of AirlinerXP wrote:>That is a relief thank you! I've read so many posts that>actually Wilco rushed the release of their Airbus because of>Airliner XP announcement. Now I feel relieved I've nothing to>do with it!>>:-)Now that's funny. I guess Wilco must feel pretty stupid to have been in a hurry to beat that Q1...errr, no, I mean Q2...errrrr, ooops I meant Q3....aw, errrr, ah I mean Q?...AirlinerXP release date.The whole scarebus add-on competitive thing is like watching a bunch of rats standing knee-deep in chicken-^$#! trying to stab each other in the back. Good cheap entertainment on a slow day...Hope this helpsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest JTEK99

>Now that's funny. I guess Wilco must feel pretty>stupid ....I find that the funniest thing about all the Feelthere/Wilco threads are the amount of people who consistently fall for the "It's Wilco's fault" bait-and-switch tactics that Victor and his a really excited user employ (though, perhaps, the a really excited user actually believe this mish-mash).Victor is so famous for his absolutely elusive responses on his own forums that -- quite frankly -- no one's going to lose a thing, except for the help provided by other users of Feelthere products.Every time I've ever had a question or an issue regarding one of the Feelthere products I purchased, like most people I'd search their forums. No matter the issue (but especially ANY issue related to performance), you have to wade through several hundred Victor-responses like this:Victor: I'm sorry. We have rules here. Please sign your post with a first and last name. (this is Victor's de facto response to the vast majority of legitimate user questions. And even if the user does edit his/her post to include a first/last name, the post is then ignored into eternity)Victor: That's the first time we've heard of such a thing (even though there are several dozen posts stating the same thing)Victor: Check the support FAQ. (there isn't any, and even when there is, there's nothing in it that addresses the original support question)Victor: Thank you for your support! (this particular response is, for me, the MOST annoying, as Victor addresses only that portion of the user's support post which slobberingly praises Feelthere before fielding a support question, but -- true to form EVERY time -- completely ignores the actual question)Victor: Locked. (the standard Feelthere response to any question regarding an extremely important technical issue that Victor isn't ready to handle)The real "hoax" here is that the remainder of support posts point obliquely towards some sort of 'fault' on the part of Wilco for releasing buggy products. Unfortunately, it's crap. Wilco is simply a distribution arm of Feelthere, created to insulate Victor/Feelthere from any criticism and which can be conveniently used whenever necessary to deflect user complaints over ridiculously underperforming, overhyped, bug-ridden products. Wilco's not a distributor like Flight1 or Aerosoft or JustFlight, who market a variety of different developer's products (and, indeed, engender support for most of them). Wilco's main focus is 95% Feelthere. Wilco is Feelthere, for god's sake.Plain and simple, Victor matriculated at the CaptainSim School of Customer Support. Bait, switch, disappear, throw a tantrum, re-appear, vanish, delete, lock, revise, bait/switch some more, rinse, repeat.And if Victor, one of his paid cronies, or any other Feelthere a really excited user feels the need to flame me with a 40-foot blowtorch, this is all I have to say:------------------------------------ Thank you for your support! That's the first time we've heard of such a thing.------------------------------------

Guest MikeMiraglia

That is the best post I have ever read in any forum :)

>After 3 aborted flights EGLL to LIMC I have finally>uninstalled the A320 and will wait for the AirSimmers version>which I see is coming from Flight1 so should be equal to the>LevelD 767 in quality>>I regret being drawn into Wilco's bugged Airbus and have>reinstalled my trusty Aerosoft version until the new>AirSimmers arrives.>>Not another penny to Wilco from me if this is how they treat>their customers>>I think that the locking might be a precursor to the release>of V2 but I for one will give this a miss and fly PSS 330s and>340s until the AirSimmers wide bodied airbuses which they have>announced, Remembering the rushed introduction of Wilcos A320>effort into the world after the AirSimmers announcement>earlier this year I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see a>bugged version of the wide bodies on the market fairly soon>>All I can say is - "buyer beware" and not going to be drawn to>wilco again - ever!>>>JohnJohn if you could elaborate on the specific problems you're having, I'm sure someone here can help you.BTW, I wonder if this was strictly a Wilco decesion, if so maybe FT could run one of their own.Dave

Your amazing... LMAO. Probably the best post I've ever read on any forum. Start calling the TV networks... Im sure you could get a talk show in the evening. Watch out Dr. Phil...

Sad, but too true. It's mainly the inability of FeelThere to deliver quality why I stopped buying products from them. There are better alternatives, and the way FeelThere does business with Wilco has become inacceptable to me, let alone the recent forum issue.Andreas