Sign in to follow this  
ANA2527

Helicopter AI Traffic Doesn't Show Up

Can anyone help me get Helicopter AI to show up in my FS2004? According to the files, these helicopters are for AI and should work. These helicopters show up in my aircraft selection menu at start-up, and I've verified the title in the aircraft.cfg file with the what's listed in the aircraft file for the flight plan. The titles are the same. I even took a flight plan that I know works and substituted the A/C with the helicopters...nothing. The airports are empty.What am I doing wrong?Thanks,Mike

Mike Franks

Jim,Flying...parking...just showing up in the sim. I'll take either :) I know you needed a modified .air file to get the helicopters to work and the files I downloaded claimed to have them. I can probably live without the helicopter, but now it's personal and I'm going to win! I'm going to out smart those helicopters : )Mike

Mike Franks

Did you check your traffic sliders? The Helicopters may be set up as Airlines and will not show if you only have GA enabled and/or the percentage set too low.It would be helpful to know what AI Helicopter package you are referring to so one of us can try them as a double check.

Here are the files I'm referring to. These files are in support of CIS_Traffic_Team_Turkmenistan_2007. I've checked my AI settings and I have both airlines and GA checked and set at 100%.a. Mil Mi-2 for FS2004 by Vladimir Zhyhulskiyb. Sikorsky S-76C by Chris 'Elvis' Jones, Lasse Lindh, Mal Lloyd, and George Davisonc. Mil Mi-8MT/T "Hip" helicopter for FS2004 by Vladimir ZhyhulskiyThanks,Mike

Mike Franks

Guest wji

From your post there's nothing wrong and your helos should show-up and fly.Even the default Bell206 will fly as AI traffic in FS9The reason for the modified .air files it to use it with FSRecorder to fly along with it as AI traffic.Here's a

This shows three recorded helo flights and one fly along. (total=4)AI helos basically fly and park the same as any other FS9 AI traffic.P.S. I always use MS Traffic Toolbox to check my AI (it saves a lot of time).

I am not familiar with the CIS_Traffic Team.I downloaded the two Mil choppers from Avsim and neither of them is set up to be used an an AI craft. The Skiorskly by Chris Jone is and I have used it in several projects with no problems.Neither of the Mil choppers would work for me either. Did CIS recommend getting the choppers here or do they have special set which need to be downloded from them? If so they may have altered the aircraft.cfg file and air file - things which I have been told are required in order for some standard "aircraft" to be used as AI craft.I cannot advise further other than to say the Elvis chopper works fine for me while the Mil choppers do not.

Mike,Another way to approach an issue like this (it should work but doesn't) is to install a package that does work -NEMAI (New England Military AI comes to mind; it has working choppers) and make sure it does work. Then take one of the working AI choppers, copy it and RETITLE it so that it is picked up by your traffic file and see if it appears and flies. If it does then you know the traffic file is ok and the airport/parking is ok leaving only the AC that you want to use as the source of the problem. If the test chopper doesn't appear as you want, the problem would more likely be in the traffic file or parking definitions. I've only placed a few AI choppers flying circuits at a small GA airport but had no problem with them.Loyd