Sign in to follow this  

Lock ups???

I recently had a new machine built.P4-2.4 Pentium9700 ProAudigy 2P667 Gigabyte MB512 ram300W power supplyMax I could get FS to run was 1 hour. Usually crashed the computer within 8 or 9 minutes.I installed a UPS (Un-interrupted power supply) with a feature to supply constant power. (No spikes or drops.)This stopped the crashing, but had severe blurries and AI really taxed the video card.Took out the 300W power supply and installed a 450W.It was like buying a new machine all over again. All computer functions much faster; Blurries completely gone; and flying into an airport with 40 AI planes doing their thing; while a definite drop in FPS; still very liveable.Had a talk with ATI, and they stressed that power to their card was critical.Had I not had both a 300W and 450W power supply running within a week of each other, I wouldn't have believed the difference.Won't guarantee your results; but a complete fix for me.Flying the sim is as smooth as watching TV. Awesome cure.PeteCYYF