Sign in to follow this  
skeurton

Megascenery Mega 5-pack - ON SALE!!!

I have owned all of these but Atlanta.Be warned that MS titles do not work well with alot of addon's. If you have any Geo Render stuff the PNW add on is going to make a mess of it. It also add's it's own mesh for the area's invloved.Also, with Fly Tamapa KSAN and MSV2 you get bleeding runway and taxi textures, you didn't get this with V1. And the Atlantic version has troubles with C9 KDCA with taxiway to runway drop off.With all that said, if your a fan of photo scenery this is about as good as it gets for FS9 and is worth it for the charts alone. The PNW MS title is simply astounding. Mt. St.Helen's never look so real.

Guest JTEK99

>Be warned that MS titles do not work well with alot of>addon's. If you have any Geo Render stuff the PNW add on is>going to make a mess of it. It also add's it's own mesh for>the area's invloved.Altstiff:Been wondering about this myself. I know there was some conflict with the Georenders as I had read much about the problems during the heyday of MegaScenery's PNW release.Question for you, just in case you might know:I already have all the GeoRenders, Chelan, etc. already installed and layered properly.... If I install PNW now, will it completely screw it up (even if I put it below the Georender Scenery layers). Before you answer the question, I want to state outright that -- due to the conflicts -- I have no intention of having BOTH Megascenery PNW and the Georenders active at any one moment. In other words, if I want to fly to/from Georender airports, I'll make those active and de-activate the MegaScenery PNW (and vice-versa).All I'm really concerned with is whether some files/settings get overwritten so that I completely ruin all my GEorender airports. Any ideas?

Good for you guys. I have been a Megascenery fanatic from day 1. I love it. The only ones I don't have are the Denver and Atlanta city ones. Denver without the mountains.. I just couldn't reconcile that. but the So cal and No Cal and PNW are simply awesome.The thing is, you should get the flight scenery Portland Scenery and Fly tampa's KSEA to go with the PNW.You should get the Fly tampa's KSAN to go with No Cal.For So cal, there are some nice freeware airports. Search for Sheaz at the AVSIM library. and you could also add the Blue Sky's LA downtown (Freeware). http://www.blueskyscenery.com/Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I found that even after an uninstall of MS PNW I had mesh problems with my older GeoRender airports (Not S10/Chelan as it was outside the MS PNW area). Ending up below the runway and such.The newer ones like Harvey/Munroe did not get fazed by it at all.

I guess FS9 flyers never had it so good with the prices on FS9 add-ons coming down so far. I got a TrackIR4 device to get a better look at FSX, but then I rediscovered FS9 which looked really good again. I've got some nice aircraft, so maybe it's time for some scenery. One question though, I don't want to turn my autogen settings down, so will autogen conflict with photoscenery?Mike.

Mike Beckwith

I don' know, Mike, but if no one answers you before me I'll be happy to let you know next week when I get the package.EDIT: By the way I love MSFSX -- it looks great and I would probably need far fewer addons and spend a lot less money (and time!) to "enhance" it like I have on FS9 -- if I could only get FSX to run on my brand new dual core machine -- never more than 15 FPS, on a clear day with 50% AI! A program isn't much good to me if it looks great out of the box, but doesn't run nearly as well as it's older brother. :-)FS2004 looks and runs incredibly well, especially on 3 screens!

I am quite a stickler on FPS. I run at 30 locked and really do not like to see it dip. So much so that I don't really run add on scenery like cloud9.How are the megascenery titles on FPS?

no hit on FPS as far as i can tell. i use various add-on airports from flytampa, imaginesim, and simflyers and maintain about 15-18 FPS on the ground, which is the same as before. i fly mostly in the PMDG 737 and LDS767. i keep my frames locked at 25 and once airborne, FPS maintains a steady 24-25 FPS.like i said before, when initally loading a flight (with the little splash screen and loading status bar), it takes a little while longer to load the textures. but even if i'm flying and approaching an area covered by megascenery, i haven't experienced any stutters or FPS hits either.

Well I posted this deal over at the my VA's forum... and got ALOT of negative reviews of the product (megascenery) in general.Lots of problems with the ground being tooo blurry. Pixelation problems while at airports etc etc.

Guest phenom

Yeah, I took advantage of this deal as well and installed it all last night, and while it might look okay at higher altitudes, I really don't like how it looks slow and low.That being said, the "sweet spot" according to the manufacturer is at 4900 feet and about 160 kts.

Can this be UN-installed? I ordered it late last week and it was shipped yesterday -- if it slows down my FPS and can't be uninstalled, I don't want to put it on my system.Thanks in advance.

Trelane,It can be uninstalled. At least Honolulu, which I purchased through them for 10 bucks can be. I have not used the uninstaller so I cannot comment on how well it works or how the originally settings are restored.Still interested in hearing from some others who have went ahead and purchased this or have had megascenery before. The demo I tried an and Honolulu look great. Yeah it looks grainy when flying low, but have you looked at the default textures? lol

Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday, and I'll let you know as soon as I can. My thought process included: What the hay? It's only like 40 bucks for 5 packages, and I live in the Mid Atlantic region which was included, so why not? -- before the sale goes away.