Sign in to follow this  
skeurton

Megascenery Mega 5-pack - ON SALE!!!

Guest phenom

Same here. I still fly FS9 pretty regularly, and for 40 bucks, what the heck?

Guest phenom

btw, I got an extra No-Cal approach book and didn't get one for Atlanta. Anybody else get that?

actually, i got an extra approach book for NoCal or SoCal, as well. no approach book for atlanta, though, since it isn't a "full kit" like the other ones.

Guest ScottPilot

That's cool, but I never liked the Megascenery much. To many blurries due to high video system use.Scott

I run FS9 on a laptop and blurries don't seem like a big problem unless I fly ridiculously fast. I bought the Mid-Atlantic package a while ago because I use to live in DC, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it since. My only gripe is that I cannot find any Dulles scenery that will align with it, so I'm stuck with Megascenery's default Dulles, which isn't that exciting. Anyone know of one that does? Freeware or payware?Victor

>Still interested in hearing from some others who have went>ahead and purchased this or have had megascenery before. The>demo I tried an and Honolulu look great. Yeah it looks grainy>when flying low, but have you looked at the default textures?>lolWithout getting into some kind of debating war......again. This is just one of those situations where FSX displays MegaScenery with about 16 times more clarity than FS9. Which results in a far sharper picture at much lower altitudes. I simply was not a fan of MegaScenery with FS9. With FSX, it's now one of my favorites. For the record, I still believe FlightScenery's Portland for FS9 is the best low level scenery I've seen anywhere. The clarity and 3D look is un-matched! It's also the reason I have no problem switching between both sims, for different purposes. And now I've got some "Google" mountain shots that make both FS9 & FSX look kind of lame... :-hah L.Adamson

Well, I got mine yesterday and installed Mid Atlantic States version. The scenery looks unbelievable BUT blurries are a BIG problem, even on my new machine -- frame rates are almost completely unaffected, though. In all honesty it didn't take long for me to decide to uninstall it. Ultimate Terrain and Active Sky are just too pretty without this, and the blurries are very distracting. I'll keep playing with it on and off, now that I own them, but this won't be a top priority for me.I think if I knew then what I know now, I'd probably have passed on this. IMHO.

Guest blaster331

Greetings, I also would like to take advantage of this offering but have become skeptical about this by reading some of the above posts regarding blurries and compatibility.Can some of you seasoned pros chime in as to what can be expected.I run a pretty beefy system totally dedicated to FS9 with tons of freewareThanks and Best regardsAndrew

Andrew:You can look at the specs on my Dell and compare them with yours to get an idea. It too is pretty strong and exclusively dedicated to FS9. Above say 4900 feet, the Megascenery is very dramatic - VERY dramatic -- but below that, there's just too much information for the computer and GPU to handle, even for my dual core processor. I'm running 3 screens over a triple head to go, so blurries are even more noticible to me, as I have an almost 180 degree field of view. Others here may have some more insight, but again I don't think it was a complete waste of money -- just something I'm going to shelf for now. Maybe in a while I'll put it back on, but I've got too many other add ons I've recently acquired that I'm trying to learn (3HTGo, ASv6.5, FS2Crew, Ready For Pushback 747) instead of spending my time tweaking with my scenery right now.

Guest blaster331

thanks Chuck, I guess by the looks of how many have responded along with your replies my choice is to pass.I spend the money on something elseBest regardsAndrew

In FS9, blurries can be beat.1. After an install of any megascenery product. You need to defrag your hard disk. Especially Alphabet sort along with saving the megascenery in a folder like AAAAA_MegaScenery or something.2. Set your FPS to unlimited. (FS9 works better with unlimited for photoscenery)3. If you can afford a RAID 0 with 10,000 RPM HD, then its all the more better.I have those three and I can fly at 200kts without blurries...at 500 kts I get some blurries but they refresh pretty fast.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter