Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icemaker_99

Center of Gravity

Guest Icemaker_99

I have just recently started to use Posky and IFDG big iron (B767's). In both cases, I find while adjusting the fuel load, the CG is very close to the nose of the plane, no matter how much fuel I add or subtract.Then, during take off, I find simply cannot take off flying by hand; only by kicking in the autopilot with ALT turned on will the planes leave the ground. Is there a solution to this problem?Thanks,Marty in Brantford

Guest PARADISE

I've found Posky's CG's to be way out of wack and un-realistic. Try adjusting your takeoff trim with a nose up attitude. The a/c should pretty much fly itself off the runway. You'll have to crank in nose down soon after lift off though to keep the nose from rising too far.I believe there are tweaks you can make to the aircraft.cfg file that will make the CG more realistic, but I've never looked into that.Hope this helps,John

The real problem here is a messed up cfg file, and maybe even the air file. I had a similar problem with another airliner and was able to fix it by some modifications of the cfg file with respect to the geometry section, and CG placement, as well as adjustments of various load locations. Also, the MOI's are often way out of range even for many payware planes. To do it right you will need a good 3 view drawing of the actual plane in order to make measurements. These are usually available on the web. Which POSKY 767 is it? If I can grab it here at avsim I'll take a look and give some modifications a try. I actually spend about 1/4 of my simming time trying to get these planes flying better using mods of the cfg and air file; just another fun side of the hobby. Mike

Guest Icemaker_99

>> The real problem here is a messed up cfg file, and maybe>even the air file. > Which POSKY 767 is it? If I can grab it>here at avsim I'll take a look Thanks for the offer. It is the OS762v4_ACA_NC, a 767 in Air Canada New colors

Guest Icemaker_99

. . . and thanks to those who reminded me of the trim possibility;Tried it on the Posky and did a nice hand take off. Will try on the other when time permits.Thanks for the help.Marty in Brantford