Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

Need to find gps_export.dll WITHOUT reinstalling FS

Guest Knikolaes

Greetings, all. I have the following issue which came up with the Feelthere Wilco Cessna Citation X, and have narrowed it down to where it HAS to be the gps_export.dll file. I get the following error on the FMC no matter what I try to select my flight plan from 1V6 to KPUB:FLIGHT PLAN IS INVALIDThe environment is FS2004 (FS9) in Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.It's odd, too, because there are a few flight plans that appear to be preprogrammed into the FMC which I CAN select, but none that I made myself in FS. And they are NOT located in the default "Flight Simulator Files" folder (in My Documents). They are:KLAS-KIAHKLAX-KSFOUKOO-UMMSUMMS-UKKBThese are obviously NOT FS flight plans as they are not in that folder, so these do not count, thus back to square one. I have scoured these forums for an answer and written support at Wilco. Wilco has not yet responded. Usually they take 5-6 weeks to respond, and I only wrote them yesterday. So in the meantime I am hoping some of you can assist.I have taken the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:Assured UAC is off. UAC is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever seen anyway. Thanks Microsoft.Assured Windows Sidebar is off during FS. Yes, it may seem odd, but I have proven with other add-ons that one or more of my gadgets in Windows Sidebar have conflicts with FS. Closing the sidebar while Windows is running has helped FS performance multiply.Assured my username has full admin privileges in Windows.Assured my username has "full control" over the Flight Simulator root directory.Assured that the latest patch available on the Wilco site as of yesterday is installed - CitationX_FS9_sp1b.exeAssured the presence of the gps_export.dll file, however I am unsure what the original version of this is and I need to make sure that it is the original that was included with FS2004 as stated on the Wilco web site.I honestly do not think there are any other steps that I can possibly cover without trying to make sure that dll file is current. Right now the status of the dll file is: Version 9.1.0.409019/1/2004 at 4:46 am6.00 kb.If anyone has the actual original dll file that I can use WITHOUT having to reinstall FS, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have a lot of add-ons and it literally takes weeks to restore FS if I have to do a reinstall.Also, if this IS the original file, what other steps did I miss???Thanks for any help, all.

My gps_export.dll is exactly the same. So that's not it or so it seems. Not sure what you missed.

Mike...

Guest Knikolaes

Thank you, Mike. So that most likely rules that out. There must be something I missed in Windows Vista Security, although at this point I am no longer certain what it could be.All other add-ons seem to work beautifully. O.O

Maybe I missed something here, and I don't have the Feelthere Wilco Cessna Citation X, but are you trying to load a MSFS .PLN file (made with the default flight planner) into the FMC? Is that supposed to work with the X? I'm asking, because I don't know. I do know that the PMDG and LDS FMCs won't accept a .PLN file, they each have their own proprietary format, and these are stored somewhere in their respective PMDG or LDS folders outside of the Aircraft folder. Specifically "Flight Simulator 9PMDGFLIGHTPLANS" for the PMDG, and they have filenames like "KDENKGEG001.rte". My guess is that the KLAS-KIAH, KLAX-KSFO plans you mentioned that you were able to load are in some proprietary format specific to the X, just like the .rte files are specific to the PMDG.What happens if, say you load up the default 737 and try to create or load a flight plan using the default flight planner? If that seems to go OK, then I'd tend to think there's nothing wrong with your gps_export.dll and you just need to manually program the FMC and save the flight plan from within the FMC.The gps_export.dll is one of the files that gets updated when you install the 9.1 update so that rules out getting it off the installation disks, or at least on my early release set of disks it does. Don't know how it works with the later packages that included the 9.1 update on the disks, but in my case, if I wanted to ensure a fresh, uncorrupted copy of gps_export.dll, I would uninstall and re-install the 9.1 update. Incidentally, my gps_export.dll also matches up to yours in version number, date, and size.Good luck, hope you get this sorted out soon.Jim

Guest Knikolaes

Jim, that is correct. With the Citation X there is an option on the FMC to "LOAD FS FLIGHT PLAN". It loads the currently loaded flight plan into the FMC that is loaded in the sim. There is no option to create your own flight plan into the FMC manually -- you have to use FS to first create the plan then import that plan into the FMC.On the default bit -- that works fine. i can load a flight with any other GA aircraft or default aircraft and GPS-Fly it to my heart's content. I can even load the Citation X with the flight plan and follow ATC's instructions -- easy to do on a VOR flight, but on other flights with GPS approaches, STARS and SIDS that becomes impossible without the use of the FMC.I also did that uninstall and reinstall of the patch (not all of FS). You are right -- I do have the original version as I should have, so it's not that -- unless Vista has some sort of security issue with that DLL.

Have you looked closely at the plan files that aren't loading? The reason I say this is that the FS planner and "decoder" are more tolerant than most 3rd party planners.For example, there is an fs9.cfg switchuse_fractional_minuteswhich determines if flight plans are written as DD MM.MM or DD MM SS. FS9 will use either format but most 3rd party planners only like the default, first format.scott s..

I see. That's pretty cool actually being able to load a standard .pln file in the FMC. Since these are all just regular text files, I wonder if you could locate the pre-programmed KLAS-KIAH, KLAX-KSFO plans that work and open one of them up in Notepad. Then open up your 1V6 to KPUB.pln in another Notepad window and do a side by side comparison to see what the difference is? Maybe it's something silly like the "AppVersion=9.1.40901" line being different or something.I don't know if this will help you at all, but I've zipped up some flight plans I've created over the years, maybe you can use them for diagnostic purposes. These have been created with the default flight planner, FSNav, and Super Flight Planner. See if you can load any of these. Each program has it's own folder in the .zip file, "use folder names" and they'll stay segregated.http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/downloa...ghtplans001.zipAnother option may be to try some plans exported from one of the FS flight planning sites like SimRoutes.com:http://www.eleventhstreet.com/Good luck,Jim

Guest Knikolaes

>Have you looked closely at the plan files that aren't>loading? The reason I say this is that the FS planner and>"decoder" are more tolerant than most 3rd party planners.>>For example, there is an fs9.cfg switch>use_fractional_minutes>which determines if flight plans are written as DD MM.MM or DD>MM SS. FS9 will use either format but most 3rd party planners>only like the default, first format.>>scott s.>.>Wow. . . I amctually not familiar at all with that. I'll lok in my CFG, but I am using the same settings in the UI of FS that I use all of the time. The only thing different now is I am using Windows Vista, but I know that this product is fully Vista compatible because I am the only one that has reported this issue.If I find that switch -- what should the value be? 0 or 1? Or something else?

Guest Knikolaes

Jim that is an awesome idea. I'll see if I can even find where those flight plans are that are in the FMS, because as i said they are NOT FS pln files or they'd be in my FS folder.I used this X for so long before Vista -- so I am still leaning toward a security setting somewhere, but comparing the guts of the plans wouldnt be a bad start.

Guest Knikolaes

Okay well I opened the flight plan I am attempting to fly for a test run of the Citation X. Here is the copy:BEGIN COPY:[flightplan]AppVersion=9.1.40901title=1V6 to KPUBdescription=1V6, KPUBtype=VFRroutetype=0cruising_altitude=9500departure_id=1V6, N38* 25.81', W105* 6.19', +005438.99departure_position=PARKING 1destination_id=KPUB, N38* 16.91', W104* 30.20', +004725.99departure_name=Fremont Codestination_name=Pueblo Memlwaypoint.0=, 1V6, , 1V6, A, N38* 25.81', W105* 6.19', +005438.99, waypoint.1=K2, DREXL, KPUB, DREXL, I, N38* 16.81', W104* 47.34', +000000.00, waypoint.2=K2, MERTZ, KPUB, MERTZ, I, N38* 17.04', W104* 38.82', +000000.00, waypoint.3=, KPUB, , KPUB, A, N38* 16.91', W104* 30.20', +004725.99, END COPYAs for the 4 flight plans that are selectable in the FMC's database that are already there, they are nowhere to be found in my FS folders or the flight plan folder. This is boggling. Where is the FMC getting these files? They pop up when I select to view the list of FS flight plans in the FMC.Ah -- and -- Wilco -- they still haven't responded. Thank you guys so much for prividing at least some support :-) Feelthere gives killer support, but unfortunately Wilco's entirely in charge of this product :-(

Guest Knikolaes

I **think** I may have found the issue. It's the navdata. I finally broke down and got credits on the navigraph site and installed 0708 cycle for Feelthere -- now it's letting me load the plans. Well -- at least the one i am lying now (KGUC-KPUB). Looks like that's where the issue was . . .

Glad to hear that you got it working (hopefully). Never gave a thought to Navdata."they are NOT FS pln files or they'd be in my FS folder"Probably a moot point now, but there's no reason .pln files have to be in "Flight Simulator Files". Other possible locations could be anywhere in your "Flight Simulator 9Flights" folder, or possibly in a subfolder of a dedicated Wilco/Feelthere folder that may exist somewhere in your FS installation. The default flight planner of course gives you no option to save .pln files anywhere but the "Flight Simulator Files" folder, but there's nothing that says you can't move them after they're saved. My guess is that if you find the "X's" default plan folder and move/copy some of your .plns into it, they will probably show up in the FMCs database the same way the KLAS-KIAH, KLAX-KSFO plans did (if I'm understanding that correctly). On the other hand they very well could be in a format other than .pln, in which case there must be a flight planner tool out there somewhere that can export to that format. Oh goodie, more software :-roll . Anyway, glad you're finally airborne. Have a good flight :) .Jim

Guest Icemaker_99

In the published fp above, what is the K2 reference? I created a plan from El Salvador to Toronto and went through several K# sections as I flew north.Thanks for any helpMarty in Brantford

It's some kind of a reigon code. I don't think it applies in this case, but for example if there were more than one intersection worldwide named "MERTZ", the region code keeps the GPS from flying you to Pueblo, CO via Zimbabwe or something.Jim

>BEGIN COPY:>>[flightplan]>waypoint.1=K2, DREXL, KPUB, DREXL, I, N38* 16.81', W104*>47.34', +000000.00, >waypoint.2=K2, MERTZ, KPUB, MERTZ, I, N38* 17.04', W104*>38.82', +000000.00, I don't know if it makes any difference, but these waypoints are terminal waypoints for KPUB, and appear to be part of the approach for 8L. Maybe your FMS doesn't like having the approach included in the flight plan?scott s..