Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Pushback program

Hi all, just want to know if there is a freeware or payware program out there that can give you a pushback that follows the taxi line from the gate to the taxiway. I guess similar to the ai planes that follow the taxi lines to the gate, just backwards so it follows the taxi lines backwards out of the gate. Is this even possible?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I know of no util that will actually push you along taxi lines, but Atn.gau from Etienne Martin allows you to steer yourself during pushback AND tow for as far as you wish. Better than any preset distance/direction gauge in this respect imho - only problem is your attention is divided so it can be hard to perform checklist items during push.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I have heard about AES and looks great, however it only is available at certain airports.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

True,It is neat to get a push back and only having to focus on starting engines and not worry about smashing into things or backing up into the mud.It has a handful of free airports you can try it on. Once you use it your going to be hooked.

AES developer has been frequently updating the airport list (including freeware airports with free AES credits). Current version is 1.90 with some bug-fixes and added features.Note that payware airports outside of Aerosoft published scenery is included.Try freeware Fly Tampa's KBOS with full free AES access for an example US arrival/departure at the gate. A push with a turn on the correct exit apron taxi lane worked fine. You do haver to tell it which direction to line you up on. (There's a pop-up window and hot keys to indicate this.)Where push-back is not required (side or nose out parking) ground crew communications still adapted. It works OK with Radar Contact as long as you understand the correct communications procedure for ground crew and ATC ground.

yea, Rob's is a great utility as it has some nice sound files that play as you engage your pushback.There is another utility that does this and you actually steer your aircraft using your pedals so you can stay right on the taxilines. This is probably my fav but it has no sound files that work with it. :( Too bad. Of course I can't think of the utility but suppose if you do a search here under "pushback" something will pop up.ClutchProject 9Dragons.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit