Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 'visual perspective'! and an ask for an air-bleed help note.

I am presently taking the B300 for a jaunt towards Lake Superior and am climbing through 19,000 ft at present.I am running a wide screen at 1920x1200...and something seemed so uh..er..'natural' while viewing in spot view and out the left cockpit window view, in the AFG B300 King Air.What made the view so real was (and I had to think about it...and then go to Flight Level 350 for some out-the-window videos to collaborate...) the amount of peripheral view-scape that you have at this resolution. It's about what amount of scenery is now visible below and about the aircraft that you see SURROUNDING the plane,---- now totally mimics what you'd see in real life. Also, anything you would see in out-the-passenger window upon a commercial flight video at the site I just mentioned.It seemed so, well...'natural' to the eyes, that the suspension of disbelief (that Holy Grail of flight simulation) was/is effortless now, and no long mental stretch. Upon a wide-screen 16:10 monitor at the above resolution, the FS9 'world' was visually verbatim to the real one. It's hard to explain in words...it is just the feeling that now comes over you, that you are really IN/EXPERIENCING this flight situation...Honestly, everyone, the next thing you should budget for (even if you have a perfectly working non-wide monitor at present) is a wide-view 16:10 aspect ratio with the resolution capability into the 1900's resolution level. Your present conventional monitor can become your back-up unit as it's now mine.You just have to trust me on this. Your jaw will drop slack... Anybody already also owning this type of monitor and resolution levels...you are invited to attest and chime in!It make FS9 'as real' as it gets with the above and a mid-to-high end card to drive (any manufacturer) the monitor.It will be the best money you could spend! Back to the flight North. :)BTW a question. I show a left and right engine air BLEED failure. I have tried to locate the air-bleed switches---and can't seem to. Can anybody help me to resolve and turn off the warning lights on the panel? Thanks! This has got to be the most satisfying F.S. plane I have every enjoyed. The whole package so deeply immerses you! Well done, AFG. Well DONE!MitchCheers!

Help, help.... can't seem to find how to reset or address this. I never had this until now...must have done something out of sync..Help...(smile).Mitch

The Engine Bleed switches should be on the copilot subpanel, below the cabin light and seatbelt switches, and to the right of the lower annunciator panel.They should be three-position switches, and the correct position is the top position for flight...the middle position is "INSTRUMENT & ENVIR OFF" which runs the pneumatics but not the cabin pressurization.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

THANK YOU!May only good things come to you!!!!!!!!! (Large Smile)!I love this plane....so immersing, so good!Thanks again,Mitch

I've had the same thing happen with the BLEED AIR myself. Mine happened after I shut down both engines while parked on the ramp and then started up again. Happened twice. I checked the bleed air switches both times and they were on. The BLEED AIR switches are located on the copilots switch panel. You might check your manual for the exact location on the panel because they are hard to read. Least mine are. After I posted this I see someone had already answered your question about the location.Regards, Al

Thanks for the response, Al. After reading the first reply, I went back to the paused sim and checked out those two switches. They were in the correct position. I THOUGHT that I had it right. Somewhere there must be a config isse. I had saved a previous night flight to Chicago, and when I 'tested' that cockpit, the warning lamps were off, and for the climb-out as well. So...config for sure, you'd think? :)Cheers!Mitch

I was just over at the AFG site and found a thread on the BLEED AIR SYSTEM and the BLEED AIR SWITCHES in their SUPPORT forum. The switches have three positions. I didn't notice that before. They don't answer the problem you and I had but it does make for some interesting reading.Regards, Al

Yes. Three-position switches. The middle position is "ENVIR OFF" which provides bleed air to run the pneumatic systems in the airplane but NOT the cabin pressurization. The "OPEN" position, with the switches all the way up will run both the pneumatics and the cabin pressurization.With the switches in ENVIR OFF, you will not get the L & R BLEED AIR failure indications...but if you go above 12,000 feet, you will get a CABIN ALT warning.If you have been getting BLEED AIR FAIL warnings with the switches in either ENVIR OFF or OPEN, you probably have a gauge problem and not a config problem.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Kurt, thanks for that explanation of the switches. It has been a bit confusing till now. When I had my problem I don't recall what position the switches were in. If the truth was to be known I'm sure my problem was pilot error. Live and learn. Anyway, thanks again. Much appreciated.Regards, Al