Sign in to follow this  
jfri

BRAKES on all the time

I have reinstalled FS9.1 and I'm using CH Flight rudders with FSUIPC.After calibration I see BRAKES written in the lower left corner all the time. If I press one of the toebrakes on the rudder it changes to differential brake. If I press both toebrakes BRAKES ON is written (as it is supposed to) but if I release both toebrakes still BRAKES ON. From what I remember a calibration and a null zone solved this before but not now. Why?

Have you ticked the box to reverse the brake Axis in FS? Rob

Rob Prest

HiIn addition to what Rob has posted, Make sure that you only tick "reverse" in Either FS9 OR in FSUIPC but NOT in both. You may have to alter the "slope" in FSUIPC so that you don't apply the brakes inadvertently whilst using the rudder.RegardsPeter Hayes

Guest frhorn

>I have reinstalled FS9.1 and I'm using CH Flight rudders with>FSUIPC.>After calibration I see BRAKES written in the lower left>corner all the time. If I press one of the toebrakes on the>rudder it changes to differential brake. If I press both>toebrakes BRAKES ON is written (as it is supposed to) but if I>release both toebrakes still BRAKES ON. From what I remember a>calibration and a null zone solved this before but not now.>Why? I have the same problem. I've followed numerous suggestions (from the other flight sim forum) including selecting "reverse" andd "centered" and various combinations thereof and none have corrected the problem. Don't have registered copy of FSUIPC.

Hi,I've just recently reinstalled FS9 and had the BRAKES ON problem even after calibrating with FSUIPC. A simple calibration of the CH Flight rudder pedals within FS fixed it. Cheers.

>Hi>In addition to what Rob has posted, Make sure that you only>tick "reverse" in Either FS9 OR in FSUIPC but NOT in both. YouYes that was one thing I had done wrong. But unfortunately for me there is more to the story. In side FSUIPC joystick calibration I see strange vales for the left pedal. When fully released the valur reads zero. If touch the left pedal without pressing to toebreak I see intermittent high negative values just like the right toe brake. So it seems my rudderpedals has some internal hardwareproblem. Hopefully I can make FS understand that the incorrect zero value really means toebreak not depressed.

jfriGood luck with your problem CH are pretty good at repairing their products.To frhorn you may need to use the CHCM (Control Manager) to rectify your problem. In the early days before I used only FSUIPC I used the CHCM to configure my brake pedals and that corrected the issue that you have. If you post or search on the CH forum (I can't get on there at present) there should be a solution to your problem. Make sure that your sensitivity is full right and the null zone is far left (0) for the brakes and rudder and that FS9 has not assigned the brakes to another contrioller as well as to the brake pedal. If you can't find anything on the forum post the subject on the CH forum and they should be able to help you.RegardsPeter Hayes

jfri,I experimented again and found that if I calibrated the brakes in FSUIPC I would always get the BRAKES ON message within FS.The solution was to make sure that the brakes axis were NOT processed in FSUIPC. In FSUIPC make sure the brakes says "axis not processed".Hope this helps....it worked for me.Cheers.

are any of you using the CH rudder calibration tool? I didn't read that anywhere. Looks like you all were calibrating with fsuipc. Set your null zones and sensitivity from within that program, not fsuipc. The poster above is correct and you must use THIS tool BEFORE calibrating any other place. Good luck.Hillary Clinton