Sign in to follow this  
Guest neslesman

Can't find my "Propellor Objects" for the Scenery.CFG

Guest neslesman

For some reason I'm suddenly getting getting a message when I start FS9 "Invalid Remote Scenery Path in the Scenery Area 046". That refers to Propellor Objects (Microsoft spells it both propellEr and propellOr)but I've been searching high and low and I can't find any "propeller objects" to point the .cfg file towards despite searching all over. Yes, I am set to view hidden files but for the life of me I can't find it and the Scnenery Library doesn't know either or it wouldn't be asking.I have a backup of my FS9 directory made just two weeks ago and a have a bare bones default FS9 on another old computer and I have the disks so if the file is lost I should be able to replace it and set the Scenery.CFG straight ......but I can't find the confounded thing.Any ideas folks?

Flight Simulator 9SceneryProps?From my Scenery.cfg:[Area.038]Title=Propeller ObjectsLocal=ScenerypropsLayer=38Active=TRUERequired=TRUERemote=RemoteThere's a box on the "add area" dialog where you can change the title to "Propeller Objects".Jim

Guest neslesman

That did it Jim, thanks so much. In hindsight given all the brain power I put into it I'm surprised I didn't figure it out but sometimes we just think in circles and miss the near obvious.I wonder why it spontaneously lost that entry. All better now though, thanks again.Nes.P.S. Sorry for the double post. The original didn't show up because I was looking at month old posts. DUH!! as Homer says.

That is odd that the entry would just go corrupt like that. I've never seen that happen and I'm still running on my original FS9 installation from nearly 4 years ago.So you were able to simply add the props area in the scenery library like you'd do with any other scenery? I was a little worried that the "Required=True" business might give you problems and cause you to have to add the area to the scenery.cfg manually. I tried to "Edit area" when I first read your post to see where the propellor objects folder was and got a little pop-up telling me it was a required scenery and I couldn't edit it, blah, blah...Anyway, glad you got it fixed.Jim

Guest neslesman

Yes I got the pop up too when I thought I could track the thing down that way. The only thing missing in my Scenery.CFG was the two words "Sceneryprops", it just had lost the location for some reason, the rest of the entry was all there. Why that would dissapear out of the blue is totally beyond me and I do almost all my Scenery.cfg stuff right from the Scenery Library, seldom even get into the .CFG file.Funny thing is, I was immediately attracted to the Props file, checked to see if it appeared in order, but never made the connection that it was also the Propellors file. LOL