Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

A good Airbus A320 for FS2004?

I am looking for a good A320 for FS2004 with a good flight model, clear virtual cockpit and great sounds; I fly exclusively in the VC in FS9. It need not have a fully functional McDoo as I don't really have the time for all the "homework" associated with mastering it. There's a nice looking A320 at JustFlight but I cannot see who developed it. I have the CLS A340-500/600 and enjoy it quite a bit. I guess I'd like an equivalent of it in the A320 type.Any suggestions welcome, thanks!JS

Maybe it's just me, but would this be something you're looking for?Both panel and VC are very nice. Hundreds of repaints in the Avsim Library, great sound sets too.For CFM, I'm using cfm56v2.zip by Des Braban. For IAE, v2500_a32x_snd_v2.zip by Emil Serafino Jr.I do believe the CLS and Overland A340 are very similar, if not one and the same. There are various repaints out there apparently compatible with both.Both the Airbus and Boeing package are highly recommended. If only they put out another package with some missing models, such as the 757.

Mike...

I have been following the airlinerxp with some interest but in view of the enormous delay there, I started to focus elsewhere and also for something that will be less complex. I am sure airlinerxp will be amazing if and when it is ever released!JS

Guest yarvelling

I'd agree with Mike....the Overland/Simmers sky Airbus series are quite superbly modelled, with a lovely clear VC, but no FMC; if you can handle the default airliners, then these will offer no problems, though there is an effort made to make the Airbus 'feel' more like an Airbus through some neat reworking of the standard autopilot, and of course, the cockpit visuals.

Thanks, Mike. I shall review in more detail shortly.Cheers,JS