Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What a laugh...'the Holy Grail' of flight simulation has been found...

Tim: If you could share or send me your FS9.CFG file we could try to help you out with that - as for the rest of the tweaks those are on your video card settings - Anti-aliasing, Ansiotropic aliasing, graphic quality etc.If you could tell us what settings you have these at as well - along with your pc specs I'm sure we could try and help you out with it.I did have now blurries - but that's when I had my graphic quality set to as high as it would go. The graphics were great but it was a big FPS hit.Now that I have it on High Performance instead of High Quality - My FPS has shot up but like I said the textures get slightly blurrier away from me.I'll have to keep inching my settings back up until i see the FPS' drop again.Thanks Paul.

Guest tmond

Pual. I'm embarassed. Where do I find my file? Is it the whole config folder in FS? >MY STUFF>E6700 intel processor> 3.2 GHZ>nividia nforce 680sli motherboard>2 Gigs ocs ram>watercooled system> 2 GTX8800 nividia video cards> Built ground up. If theres anthing I missed please ask.Last nite I reinstalled fs9 so done nothing with settings but believe me tryed everything with them. Plse adv re fs9.cfg and where I locate it.thanks Paul:)

Guest tmond

Well Paul. Have you ever heard of someone not hvg a "FS9.CFG" file?Well I don't have one. No files are hidden on our computer. Called my computer man and we checked everywhere(search) and I do not have a file as such. I have a config folder in fs9 with files in it but no file as such. What do I do? Get rid of of the config file and put yours or Mitch's FS9.CFG file in its place. I'll do the tweeking of the video cards after above is resolved first. Please reply Paul.:-)Tim

Double click on 'My Computer', select 'Tools' and then 'Folder Options'. Select the 'View' tab and then check 'Show hidden files and folders'. Click 'Apply and then 'OK'.Now browse to your FS9 folder and you will find fs9.cfg:C:Documents and SettingsYour UserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9C:is the drive XP is installed on. I'm assuming you have XP.Mike

"Been there, got that, and FSX is still crap."Really? Bummer. Up until now I thought I'd been having a lot of fun with it.Oh well...

Guest Johary Lala Andrian

You are right my friend!Thanks for the clue.

Guest tmond

>Ok Willow, I will send it to you (my .cfg file) right away,>but I will bring the weather section trimmed down a bit, for>that would be the one thing to kill your FPS, big time. >>I run with my weather at the full-blown setting of '8' but>will bring what I send you to a more reasonable setting of>'4'.>>Also and this is important, in the following line of the .cfg>file:>>SITUATION=C:Documents and Settings********My>DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesDefault >>....you need to edit the '********' for YOUR User Name on your>computer, ok? :)>>When you do this, then SAVE it.>>Everything else will be left untouched and original as I run>it.>>Have fun...and it is on its way to you,>>P.S. You do know where your FS9 config file resides, right? >Make a copy of your original and then overwrite with mine.>>Mitch

Guest tmond

Hi Mitch. Re item #33 In this topic: I never done this before Will you plse explain to me how to go about this,this easier way than having to do it all manually. I got the FS9,CFG file you sent and in place. Will someone please tell me how to do a "notepad window?" for item #9 of thistopic. I have patients but I'm in a hold position for 2 days now.

>Hi Mitch. Re item #33 In this topic: I never done this before>Will you plse explain to me how to go about this,this easier>way than having to do it all manually. I got the FS9,CFG file>you sent and in place. Will someone please tell me how to do a>"notepad window?" for item #9 of thistopic. I have patients>but I'm in a hold position for 2 days now.-------------------------------------------------------Ok Willow, this is very easy. First step is this...from Mike (I rather paste his input than retyping what he says to do. That's what I would have typed..------------------Double click on 'My Computer', select 'Tools' and then 'Folder Options'. Select the 'View' tab and then check 'Show hidden files and folders'. Click 'Apply and then 'OK'.Now browse to your FS9 folder and you will find fs9.cfg:C:Documents and SettingsYour UserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9C:is the drive XP is installed on. I'm assuming you have XP.Mike---------------------------------After you have followed his instruction, you will see a file called FS9.cfg If you DOUBLE CLICK upon that file, it will automatically open into a notepad view screen. Now...just highlight everything in that window and DELETE IT. Now, double click my FS9.cfg file that should be on your desktop. THAT will open up into a window. highlight it all---then use COPY. Now place your mouse pointer inside the OTHER window that now has nothing in it (from you deleting things) and then use PASTE. Remember to replace the ***** with your user name for your computer. You now have my file in there. Use SAVE in that window menu to save the file. Congrats you now have a new (my custom) FS9.cfg file. Close the window of that file with the top right X and you are good to go.Fire up FS9 and enjoy the mods....Mitch

Guest tmond

OK My friends........I'll give it a go first thing after i have a smoke break in the garage.(wife won't let me smoke in house.hahaha:):-)

Hey, if you can kick the habit altogether...you'd be able to buy a new, hot computer system every other year and it not cost you a further dime than what you spend now...Something to consider...and oh...you'd most likely be around much longer to enjoy them, LOLex-cigar and pipe smoker barking this out... :)Mitch

Guest tmond

Ha. Your right. Ok I sent you a email. I'll get to work on what you and mike recommend.Tim:-)