Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What a laugh...'the Holy Grail' of flight simulation has been found...

Guest tmond

Mitch. Ok ,I deleted all my data files per your instructins. The CFG file did not appear on my desktop.Please don't loose your patients with me. I want this badly.Regards.Tim:)

Tim...it is attached to the email I sent you. You need to SEND that file to your desktop so you can use it.Open up your email browser, find my email message, see the attachment, right click on it, and then send it to your desktop. You can then work with it from there.Mitch

Guest tmond

Mitch. ok,done that. but when you say work on it from there I don't know what there is to work on. I double click it and it just gives me a msge abought windows. also, be advised this file is not in my flight fs2004 files. I deleted all my FS9.CFG data out of my file. Do I just copy and paste yours in it's place and put my user name in it? or am I getting ahead of myself?Tim

Tim, if you were to double-click on my file I sent you, it would automatically open up inside an XP text-document window.I say this respectively, I think you need to have a friend/associate who has a more in-depth knowledge of files and file protocol then you have only at present, to come over and you tell him/her what you wish to have happen, and he/she will do so for you.This is not a dig at all, but over our few emails and such, you seem to not (as yet only) to have a clear grasp of how to manipulate this file, and where to place it upon your computer for FS9 to address it.I think that more of my explanations are only confusing you the greater!See if somebody local can give you a pointer. We all learn that way, and for the better.I wish you speedy installation, so you can enjoy what my file might offer you.Mitch

Guest tmond

Well,thanks.Kinda kick in teeth after just about there. I thot these forums to learn from. I (as you requested) put your file on my desktop. I double click it as you say........it does nothing and thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim, I'm sorry you took my response as a negative, but I can't help you any further. I have explained as best I can over the forum and within email.Your O.S. should open that file up (so you can view the contents), as it is inside a text-document format. If that is not happening, then I can offer nothing further to assist you. You then need someone at your end to find out WHY it is not opening up into a text window. Perhaps it is an operating system malfunction. Just a guess...Mitch

Guest tmond

Mitch. Please eccept my apologies for that last msge I sent You. I'm all set up. I should have been right clicking on your FS9.CFG file on desktop instead of left click. That is prtty handy to have this on the desktop. Question: If a fella makes changes at the desktop do you have to copy and paste the whole document again?:)Tim

Guest tmond

Mitch. Woooooow. What a beutiful picture your created. I have spent so much money on addons and it Took your expertise of programing to give me the best picture i have ever seen. Those bright runway lights..............I love'm....great. No more shimmering anywhere on monitor. Used to be textures in the distance always flickered.Not no more.Thank you over and over. Just oooonnnnneeeee little thing tho. When I start flight simulator the screen comes up saying "the requested flight file is corrupt" "do you want to load the default flight?" of course I did and whalla.......Beutiful. Now if some how i can find the culpert that's corrupt. Any ideas?anyone?Thank you Mitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tim:)

You are VERY welcome, Tim. I'm glad that I could help.Apologies accepted, :)I THOUGHT you would enjoy/like those lights....wait until you view them coming into view---with some less-than-stellar weather.....Tim, to correct that fault..it comes up because your system is looking for my last saved flight...and it is NOT on your system!....just create a flight in YOUR FS9...engage it. Then...save a flight, name it as 'default' and save it...The next time you run your FS9, there will be no error, for it will load what YOU saved, and not what I last saved!Enjoy, my friend,Mitch

On that one, you would, Tim.What you need to do is to go to the actual place the FS9.cfg file is, and RIGHT CLICK on that file to create a SHORT CUT of that file. Place the SHORT CUT you just made (the short cut icon) on your desktop. Now..anytime you want to amend or edit the ACUTAL FS9. cfg file---it will come up.......you do what you want with it, and then use SAVE on the file menu. Close it...and FS9 will now slave to whatever you just edited.That easy...Mitch

I have read this thread with interest and yes a 1900 x 1600 LCD monitor would be my video display of choice except that in Australia they are very hard to come by and very expensive by today's standards at $1000 - $1200 (AUD). Earlier this year I bought two Samsung 1600 x 1200 LCD monitors (for a dual display setup) for less money and overall more screen real estate than a single 1900 x 1600 display.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest tmond

Ok. Thanks Mitch. Until I get settled..........I hope you don't mind just a fffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww more Questions. I took my default 734 out and it quoted me as i was flying at 14000 ft a Note come up and said "overstressed" Also, The gear don't come up on the baron 58. Also I wld like to set the runway lights down not to much, but just a lttle. Tim:)

Guest tmond

Bruce. I have a 32" SEANIX (was made especially for gaming.) $1200 bucks. 1360 x 768 x 32 resolution. It's a bute!!.Tim:)

Guest tmond

Mitch. I know your tired of helping me but for the last time I'll ask you a couple questions.If I do not get a reply Then ok..........>My triple buffering is set to on>verticalsync-use 3d settingsAre these ok?>lighting: I love your light settings but can/how I turn the papi lights down just a little?Tim:)