Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What a laugh...'the Holy Grail' of flight simulation has been found...

Tim, if you are using an LCD monitor, you do not need V sync on as you are only running at 60 Hertz.The following will give you full control of your runway and ground lighting.Just change the numbers you see, either up or down to raise or lower the intensity of each. As an example, put all to 1.0 and then run FS9 at night. You will see the difference. Then fine tune by adding a figure or lowering a figure until you arrive at what you deem right.Look for the following entries in your FS9.cfg file. When finished playing around, use SAVE to make your changes permanent.Have fun,--------------------------------------------RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.67RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.57 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.49 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.09

Guest tmond

Thank you Mitch:) Tim Oh and by the way your ok. only lights i want to turn down just a little is the papi( they glare so much their fuzzy)

Prefer 1600x1200x32 myself on a monitor that costs about $500 (AUD) myself although I will be looking closely at 1900x1600 monitor(s) for my next PC upgrade certainly nothing less than 1600 for the vertical dimension.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest bluesman666

HiI've looked and can't find RUNWAY_LIGHTS in my fs9.cfgDoes one have to add themThanksDave

Guest magnum_force

Hi MitchWhat i love most about your first post is your enthusiasim. (sic) It was invigorating to feel like a kid again. I cannot afford a 500.00 dollor monitor, but I still love my MSFS.I do have a Samsung but it is CRT and it has the best, deepest true colors I have ever seen.Samsung spoiled me when it comes to flight sim monitors.Mitch, you are an inspiration.Thanks for that.CheersRoger M.

You don't want to see me around a Christmas tree, come Christmas morning....yeah...it is pretty pathetic....lol!On the eve that I turned 50 years old...I thought back upon my life...and started to ask myself where did the Peter Pan Effect go? WHERE DID IT GO?!?!?Why was Life now so mundane? It's because I let it become that way. No fault but my own! Flight sim'ing for myself is one aspect of keeping a youthful imagination alive.So..to the amazement of my kids...I yelled out to Peter to wait for me too...and dove out the window....and flew up towards the night sky.......my mostly grown children have liked the new 'Dad' ever since...I'm just now waiting to spoil some grandchildren... :)Cheers, and good health to you!Mitch

Mitch-I'll second your comments! Now that I'm heading toward 76, I can say without fear of contradiction, you are spot on!! And I've got the grandchildren too!I discovered the Peter Pan effect back when I found how I could have triple views AND synchronize them into an apparent "single" wide horizon- that so totally transforms simming, that Peter himself, sitting in the right hand seat, would not be a total surprise. (hope it's not St.Peter!!!!!) I tell my lady of the past 51 years- "Simming is NOT a game- it is educational! And it is an excellent prophylaxis against Alzheimer's."She just smiles quietly and carries on with dinner prep!:)Cheers again- Alex Reid CYYJ

To quote Alex...'that Peter himself, sitting in the right hand seat, would not be a total surprise. (hope it's not St.Peter!!!!!)'Alex...when I can stop myself from laughing, totally because of the above...:)...I'll be able to type coherently once more. Until then (huge belly laugh....) I'll content myself with enjoying that CLASSIC hindsight. :)Great sense of humor, you have!Mitch

Guest tmond

I'm 60 and appreciate every morning I wake up. 2 years ago I was in a comma for 7 weeks and not expected to pull thru. Happiness.health &wisdom come with age!! You guys are great and young at heart.I love your humour and I know you'll be around a long time with your attitudes..............From a friend:D

A thread like this is what makes our hobby so great!!!Thanks to all."Watch thine airspeed, for the earth may rise up and smite thee!"Alex Reid CYYJ