Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What a laugh...'the Holy Grail' of flight simulation has been found...

Eric,Just a suggestion:Whatever you purchase from them (Future Shop in Canada),be it on-line or via a walk-in store---after coming home, or ordering it on-line-- get, or stay on your computer, find the web-site page for that product and make a (F)uture (S)hop folder in your FAVORITES with those items (pages) inside. For the next ***30 days***, and each day, do a click on those pages to see if they have gone down in price from what you paid for it/them. If so...take your bill of sale or packing bill and go to any local store to the Customer Service Desk. Take along a printed copy of that page showing the lower every-day or sales price of that item(s).They will gladly REFUND you the difference between the LOWEST price and what you paid, including the tax adjustment. It goes further. If there is yet ANOTHER price reduction (within 30 days of your date of sale) you can also go in to enjoy that one as well.The point to remember---is to take the two seconds a day to check the Web page for that item! In doing that, I caught the two reduced sale prices on my monitor and my video card---saving me **$80.00** between the two purchases via a money refund.Cheers,Mitch

Mitch- Now TRIPLE your pleasure: get two more of these and arrange them all in a 72" wide triple mon/triple view horizon! Without views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd=180

Guest tmond

Mitch. Can I replace my file with yours as well. Do you just send the file to me and I replace mine with yours? :-)

Hi Willow! :)If you see my .cfg file in another thread inside this post, THAT is my entire .cfg file.I suggest you save a copy of your present .cfg file, call it FS9.cfgbackup or whatever, and then copy my .cfg file to a notepad window and then save it as FS9.cfgIf that doesn't work, send me a private message with your email, and I will send it to you as per your request.I might warn you though, that I have my config file putting the 'coal' to FS9. Full everything with visual tweaks here and there.If you find that my file constipates your FPS, lol, you can adjust it to some extent via the tabs on the hardware, scenery, etc within FS9.Some config settings are custom and must be edited or deleted as you see fit via the .cfg file itself. Runway lights SCALAR is one of them per as an example. I like them bright and hot, saying "C'mere...over here psssst...land that sucker...right HERE!~" Sorry, my inane sense of humor leaking out.....geez....lol.If you can run my .cfg file to your satisfaction, I think you will smile at the result and have some fun with it. :)Cheers!Mitch

Guest tmond

Hi Mitch. Can you plse send it to me so I can download it? Is it the ttl cfg file folder in fs2004? My e-mail is tmond@telus.net:-)

>and worth every dollar!) Samsung SyncMaster 245BW for the>>But from what I read this monitor really tempts me. But it>would cost about as much as a new MB with new CPU and RAM and>videocard.>>------------------------------------------->>If, in your country of orgin, that is the case---I'd suggest>that you upgrade your computer---keep your good quality 19>inch Samsung and then play it by ear.>From my upgrade excel spreadsheetMB Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 iP35 4DDR2-DIMM 3PCI 4PCIe SATA Raid Audio GB-LAN 1149 SEKCPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 4MB FSB1333 Boxed 1670 SEKMemory Corsair XMS2-6400 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 920 SEKVideocard Sapphire Radeon X1950Pro 512MB DDR3 1440 SEKtotal 5179 SEK (about $740)I can also get aSAPPHIRE RADEON X1950PRO 512MB 2XDVI DUALLINK AGP for 1610 SEK ($230)the Samsung 245BW would cost 5295 SEK [$757)Another thing to mention is that I got two SATAII HD 595 SEK each which I can't use with my current mb (it seems to refuse SATAII HD).It is likely I could return them for refund.Upgrading the mb would give1) More powerful CPU 2) Faster and 2 Gb RAM3) Possibility to use my SATAII HD in raid 0 instead of single IDE HD I use nowBut from what I have read from you it seems that the X1950PRO card alone could solve all performence problems

Guest tmond

Hi Mitch. Are you going to send it to me?Above you have my email

Mitch:My FS9 is now running pretty good - and getting close to 30 FPS all the time - except for in some bigger complex areas and with bigger detailed airplanes.However - my question now is what do you have some of your video settings set to especially:Anisotropic FilteringAntialias settingForce mipmapsTexture filtering - Negative LOD biasTexture filtering - QualityVertical SyncThanks again man.Paul.

You're killing me, Paul! You're making me actually work!!!LOLI run the ATI Cat 7.1 suite. I also have the AVIVO drivers installed as the 1950 Pro requires them for HD video.Paul, on the 3D tab, this will be simple. I run EVERYTHING wide open at max...or to put it another way---all at full right, QUALITY setting6/16, all enhancement boxes clicked to active.Vertical sync off---reason is that at the 60 Hertz refresh cycle rate of an LCD, there isn't going to be any texture tear. Anything that MOVES---is made to work wide open!In the API Specific tab, I have all four boxes checked.That's it.I'm glad that my hopped up .cfg file works for you. That you are getting darn near a steady 30 FPS with it, tells me that your system is right on the money. BTW, how do you like my 'version' of the runway lighting system now? They do burn bright, don't they? :)Cheers, Mate!Mitch

Ok Willow, I will send it to you (my .cfg file) right away, but I will bring the weather section trimmed down a bit, for that would be the one thing to kill your FPS, big time. I run with my weather at the full-blown setting of '8' but will bring what I send you to a more reasonable setting of '4'.Also and this is important, in the following line of the .cfg file:SITUATION=C:Documents and Settings********My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesDefault ....you need to edit the '********' for YOUR User Name on your computer, ok? :)When you do this, then SAVE it.Everything else will be left untouched and original as I run it.Have fun...and it is on its way to you,P.S. You do know where your FS9 config file resides, right? Make a copy of your original and then overwrite with mine.Mitch

Well not exactly man - I think you have an extra GB of memory then me and when someone else looked at my FS9.CFG file they suggested I turn off Vertical sync (as you did) but also change my display quality down to High Performance - (I previously had it on High Quality)This in turn keeps my FPS up there but then it suffers a bit on textures in the distance - they don't stay as crisp until i get closer to them.Also in the FS9.CFG he changed the following lines:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.50000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=232to read:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=2.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=2.50000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1Any thoughts here?Thanks Paul.

His mod (M.P.O.) chokes the works a bit...BUT..if it is getting you better performance than what I am using on mine..and you like the result...THAT is all that matters when on 'final'. :)My thoughts..Mitch

Well I'm trying to fly around at different airports - small and large to see the results.i also didn't mention that he suggested to bump my FPS lock from 31 to 37. So I do get FPS's that are in the 30's and stay there - depending on the airport/city/landscape/weather etc.It's just the textures out in the distance stay blurrier longer until i get closer to them as when before they stayed crisp all the time but with a significant hit to FPS - down to mid-high teens up to mid 20's depending on where i am.So I guess it's just a matter of gently increasing the settings in FS9.CFG and video settings to see when it starts to really hurt FPS significantly to stop there.Unless you have a secret tweak I haven't heard about yet :)Thanks again.Paul.

Guest tmond

Paul. I have the same problem. In the distance scenery shivers then as I get closer it gets better. If you can find a fix for it I wouls sure appreciate you sharing it with me. I've been fighting this forever...........buying different addons,etc hoping to fix it but to no avail. Let me know paul. Thanks in advance.Tim:-)

Nope, no more secret tweaks, fresh out..lolI have tweaked my FS. cfg file until it screamed for me to put it out of its misery, lolThe tweaking is done. The results are in, and the flying is to be had...:)Keep working with your setup Paul until you can live with it, and your flying predominates.Cheers,Mitch