Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Captain

Adding an autopilot.

Guest The Captain

I want to Window an autopilot and would be grateful if someone can tell me where I can get the Window info from. I know how to install the icon, etc. I have searched the files here but haven't found what I want.Thanks,TerryW.

Hi Terry,I use FS Panel Studio to do this sort of thing as it takes the headache out of panel editing/creating, however if you don't have this, you'll need to manually create a new window and insert the Autopilot for your particular aircraft into this new window. This is all contained in the panel.cfg file within your aircraft folder. Make a backup of your original cfg first, then give it a go. Make the new window the next number up from the highest that already exists, find the autopilot gauge details in one of the other window entries (probably window0 or 1) and copy it into your new window. You'll have to fiddle with the screen placement numbers associated with the guage as they will be putting it into the screen position for the original window. The numbers you'll see correspond with the pixel position for the gauge. I'm sorry I can't remember how to decipher these as using FS Panel Studio you don't need to worry about it. Of course once you've got the new window created, within FS, select it from the Instrument view menu, undock it, and move it wherever you like.No doubt there will be other gurus who can answer more questions regarding panel editing. There are also many tutorials on how to do this within the FS community. Google it :)Good luck,Ken.www.kennair.com

Guest The Captain

Thanks Ken but that's not really what I want. I'm au fait with adding gauges & windowing stuff but I don't have an aircraft with a windowed autopilot that I can copy from. My Alphasim Javelin has a windowed AP for instance but it doesn't suit my purpose. I was hoping Glenn Copeland had done an AP as I use his gauges all the time, but he doesn't. I don't have anything that windows the Lear45 AP or I could just copy that. I'll take a look at FS panel studio.

Guest ThrottleUp

Its easy, heres the code to add a pop-up using the stock 737 autopilot panel :)[Window Titles]Window01=MainWindow02=GPSWindow03=Approach PanelWindow04=Autopilot <-----added[Window04] <-----addedBackground_color=0,0,0 size_mm=430,93window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=autopilotwindow_size= 0.460, 0.470window_pos= 0.540, 0.530gauge33=737-400!Autopilot, 517,85,197,45