Sign in to follow this  
jfri

No aircraft visible in preview window

After reinstalling FS9 I see no aircraft spinning around in the preview window when creating flight or selecting an aircraft if I use fullscreen mode. But the plane becomes visible if I switch to windowed mode. Also I have found that the problem turns up if I use two monitors. But I have used two monitors before without this problem with FS9 (but with FSX). I had the same resolution and refrshrate on both monitors. I tried starting FS in single monitor mode and then switching to dual monitor. Result I got part of the desktop in the preview window. I never solved the problem with FSX but it has worked with FS9 and I use NVIDIA drivers 84.21 since this problem occured with the latest drivers before

HiIt is probably due to the AA settings on your card being >4x, and as you say you can see them always in windowed mode. Another poster on the nvidia forums suggested :"If you have your Hardware Acceleration slider set all the way to Full, adjust it back 1 notch". I don't know if this works.Peter Hayes

>Hi>It is probably due to the AA settings on your card being >4x,No they are not >4 but =4. But I find out a misstake from my side. I now use another Win installation and here I didn't have the 84.21 drivers as I thought but the latest which gives me these problems. reverting back to 84.21 solved the problem.>and as you say you can see them always in windowed mode. >Another poster on the nvidia forums suggested :"If you have>your Hardware Acceleration slider set all the way to Full,>adjust it back 1 notch". I don't know if this works.>Peter HayesMaybe if I upgrade the graphics card I should use the latest driver and consider this. I have heard that the latest drivers are only good on the 76XX card series and later.