Sign in to follow this  
Guest bwob

FS9 Weather Problem

Guest bwob

I'm having an oh-so-repeatable problem with FS9. After reinstalling it, when I select or create a flight then begin my selected or created flight, the sim begins to load and when it gets to weather (usually at 77%) it freezes for a few moments, then dies, dropping me to the error reporting window.I copied down the info in the brief description of what has gone wrong, but I'm afraid it may as well be written in Urdu, since I haven't the foggiest idea as to what it means. But if it will help someone. the dialog says:AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: weather.dllModVer: 9.1.0.40901 Offset: 0000aa28If somone has any suggestions as to how I can get FS9 to work again, I'd be happy to listen. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.bwob

Guest RonB49

It's been a long time but I seem to remember this problem as being cause by clouds. As I recall the solution is to enable "Render to Texture" in Display Hardware section on the Options menu. I hope that this fixes you problem and I apologize for my poorly functioning (68 years old) memory bank. R-

Guest bwob

Thank you Ron. I gave it a shot, but there was no effect. As before, things just came to a screeching halt at 77 percent after I hit the "fly now" button. bwob

Guest rwrea

u might try doingdd the 9.1 upgrade, again.Dick

Guest rwrea

also, delete any Saved flights u might have.

this is a 'general problem solver' for FS9 -* shut-down FS9* move the FS9.cfg file to your desktop (do not delete)* start FS9* FS9 will rebuild the .cfg file* see if things work again.if you made any mods to your FS9.cfg now one by one copy/past from the 'old' cfg on your desktop to the 'new' cfg in C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9this will assit in finding what 'mod' caused the challenge.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Really sounds like the DXT cloud install error. Are you sure you don't have DXT clouds installed for increased performance? Even some alternative clouds might be DXT and not say when you swap them.Double check the "Render to Texture" setting in FS to be 100% sure. That error sounds like it, although I don't recall getting an actual error message.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest PARADISE

MS Real Time Weather server is down. I wouldn't change anything in your FS until it comes back up.John M

john:bwob's issue 'pre-dates' the latest MS/Jep weather server issue. (it seems MS/Jep have this server failure every 4 months.)bwob - try the cfg file thing and just load the default FS flight (cessna at KSEA 34R). this default setting uses FS's basic weather (standard temp/pressure/calm winds) and does not involve collecting any information from the Internet/www.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest bwob

First off, please let me express my thanks to everyone who stepped in to offer a hand. I greatly appreciate it.However in the end a re-install was all that worked, despite the myriad of ideas you all offered. The reinstall was (moderately) painless. The hard part now will be reinstalling all the scenery and reviving the AI. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.Once again, my thanks to all of you.bwobhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177541.jpgAt least it's working now